Toshiba Satellite won't boot;

Closed
helloimharry Posts 1 Registration date Sunday June 30, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2013 - Jun 30, 2013 at 05:03 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jul 1, 2013 at 01:02 PM
Hello,

I have a toshiba satellite L665-SG165 model no. PSK2GU-02P00D, and it will not boot at all. About three weeks ago my computer had a message about getting too hot and that I needed to immediately shut it down and send it in for repairs. This struck me as odd because my fan was still running like normal, so I looked up the problem and apparently this is a common issue that is often fixed by updating the BIOS. I looked up the latest BIOS for my laptop from the toshiba site, downloaded it, and my computer powered down. I didn't turn it on for a couple of days because I did this late at night and was busy all weekend, but when I did try to turn it on nothing would happen. I would hear the fan for a few seconds, the light indicating power would come on when I hit the power button and stay on for ~30 seconds, then turn back off. That's it, no Toshiba logo or anything, just a black screen. I've looked all over for help, but I don't even make it to a boot screen or a logo, so most of the solutions don't apply. and I've also tried all the usual "this is something weird" fixes like draining the voltage out of the computer and trying again, turning it on without the battery, holding down function, escape, or the zero key while powering up, but nothing helps. I'd very much appreciate some assistance!

Thanks, Harry

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 1, 2013 at 01:02 PM
A failed BIOS update will leave the laptop unable to boot or enter the BIOS. You only solution is to return the laptop to the manufacturer so the can replace the whole BIOS chip.

Good Luck