Free VPN Recommendations

Closed
LANShark Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday June 26, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 31, 2013 - Jul 1, 2013 at 07:38 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 22, 2013 at 01:39 PM
Hey everyone,

I travel a lot for work -- often to the Middle East and SE Asia -- and would like to find a free VPN service that would allow me to get around local censors and also watch American content like Hulu and Netflix. Most of what I've found either charges a monthly fee, or has dreadfully slow speed. Does anyone here have any ideas? Thank you in advance!
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 1, 2013 at 09:45 AM
Good Morning,

Please remember what a VPN (virtual Private Network) is. It is going to be inherently slow because of the encryption. So, dependant on your network type of connection, the VPN overhead can be detrimental to the overall throughput.

If the free ones are too slow, then what is the only available service available?
LANShark Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday June 26, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 31, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Then what do you propose as your alternative?
Blocked Profile
Jul 22, 2013 at 01:39 PM
Good afternoon,

I would think it was obvious; pay for a service if you wish no circumnavigate censorship and routing issues in other regions.