No sound on LCD tv with HDMI cable..Windows 7 - My Soloution

Closed
Anonymous User - Jul 1, 2013 at 04:47 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jul 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM
I just joined to answer the above question, as I saw that people were still struggling with this problem. It was while reading something in the original thread that gave me the insight to dig a little deeper.

My issue was that I connect my laptop to my TV using a USB to HDMI box. All of today I have been playing with software trying to get my integrated webcam to work on my Dell Inspiron 1545, only to find that it was not working owing to a loose cable. But this also became the cause of my sound problem.

I noticed that the drivers for the sound output for my speaker icon for my tv were not correct, mine had a creative .inf as the main driver which could not be right, and seemed to coincide with software that I had installed earlier in the day. I had uninstalled and reinstalled the Viewspan software but this had not worked. So I went to device manager, uninstalled the device from there, and then my system re-installed the correct driver and my sound was back!

Done

Hope that helps someone!
Related:

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jul 2, 2013 at 06:51 AM
Hi fiftyg,

Thank you for your insight into the matter and for finding the fix, definitely this addresses the HDMI issue for many users.

From your post I understand that apart from the sound issues with the HDMI you are facing the problem with the webcam. I would be glad to assist you with this problem. Please let us know if you have got the issue fixed by re-seating the cable? As you mentioned, "...only to find that it was not working owing to a loose cable", I would like to know if the issue still persists.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
Anonymous User
Jul 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Thanks for asking but I fixed the Webcam.

I tried all types of software downloads before I realised that the camera was reporting as an unrecognised usb device in device manager. I removed the top four screws of the bezel on my Dell Inspiron 1545 removed the small cable and then re-sat it again. When I did this windows found it and installed the camera.

So took a few hours but fixed all of my issues.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jul 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Hi fiftyg,

I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and I am glad to know that you have fixed the webcam problem. Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6