Macro to Search and Replace Text from another Column [Closed]

mylove0mylife 3 Posts Monday July 15, 2013Registration date July 18, 2013 Last seen - Jul 15, 2013 at 03:45 PM - Latest reply: Ambucias 49709 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus February 23, 2018 Last seen
- Jul 15, 2013 at 04:49 PM
I receive an Excel file each month that has the following columns

Group Name, DOS, Clinician Rpt Name, (rest of columns have patient information)

These lists have over 500 different Clinician Rpt Names to choose from. Some of them need to be deleted, the rest need to have the name correctly written. I have a separate list that looks like this:

Column A | Column B
Abbor , John |
Smith , Frank | Smith, Frank
TERRY JOHN | John, Terry
Johnson , Mary MD | Johnson, Mary
GEORGE THOMPSON |

So, column A is the list of what the names look like on the excel file we're sent each month. Column B is what they SHOULD look like. If there is a blank it needs to be deleted.

Is there a way to make a macro where the Clinician Rpt Name will be compared to Column A on the list, and changed to column B on the list?
See more 

1 reply

Ambucias 49709 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus February 23, 2018 Last seen - Jul 15, 2013 at 04:49 PM
Helpful
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that Kioskea is a mutual aid community, all answers on the forum are provided by volunteers who give their time free to help solve issues.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users to correspond showing mutual respect. Therefore, when requesting assistance, to be courteous and to use polite expressions, as for elsewhere in similar circumstances. (i.e.please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc.)

http://ccm.net/contents/ccmguide/ccmcharte-respect-autrui.php3#politesse

Please, copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.