Dell inspiron 1525 over heats & shuts down?

Solved/Closed
black.pearl Posts 1 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 22, 2009 - Updated on Sep 16, 2019 at 12:59 AM
 james - Nov 25, 2012 at 02:22 PM
Hello,

I am having a problem with my Dell Inspiron 1525. It is under one year old, but I noticed that this laptop will shut down while I am using it. last night this happened again, and it seemed to be over-heating. Nothing was blocking the air vent as I was working on the kitchen counter. I noticed very hot air coming from the vent at the back. So I unpluged it and left it over-night. This morning it seemed to be working fine, but I am very concerned as this keeps on happening.

The other thing is, this was bought in the US and I am now using it in the UK which uses a different voltage, however, I am using a dell original charger/power cable, (bought from dell) which should covert the current going to the laptop.
Lastly, this computer likes to restart when I've selected to shut down.

Any ideas would be a great help. Thank you!

I have Windows Vista basic.

System Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0
Related:

56 responses

I had the same problem, but after removing dust from the inside it works just fine. Although the fan was working it prevented cooling. I recommend trying that first, there's a manual at the dell-page how to open it, and it really needs just a screwdriver...

here's how to do it:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1525/en/SM/cpucool.htm#wp1179839
Loonylovegood
Mar 29, 2009 at 02:40 PM
thanks adnreas...My computer had totaly knocked out, and there was no response from it so I rang up dell and ordered a new hardrive and it's fine..although I didn't get a chance to back up my previous work so I was sad about that... :(
Andreas is right - any Inspiron 1525 owner experiencing this problem should try following the instructions on that page. It's dead easy to do. You need to unscrew the panel on the bottom of the Inspiron and then unscrew the cooling assembly and take it out completely and have a look at the little silver radiator box at the end of the thick copper wire. I've only had my laptop about 18 months and I've always kept it on a desk, but the radiator's already got clogged up with dust. I'm pretty sure this is what's been causing my overheating problem. Just blow the dust out and pop the assembly back in.