Change mac password without disk

Closed
kappy1 Posts 4 Registration date Friday July 26, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 28, 2013 - Jul 26, 2013 at 11:20 AM
kappy1 Posts 4 Registration date Friday July 26, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 28, 2013 - Jul 28, 2013 at 03:34 PM
Hello,

I am a novice and I followed the instructions. It seems to
to work. New registration info comes on. When I answer the last two questions of where will you be using computer and what I do, I hit continue and seems to sit on that screen. Wont move on to next step.

Q
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

5 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 26, 2013 at 12:35 PM
So when it ask you how and who, what are you entering? If the "continue" button is not enabled, it is because it is forcing you to answer the questions.

Enter something into those fields, dont just hit contiue. I have never built a MAC before and I am not familair with the steps that you are explaining, but it sounds to me like you have to enter something.

Have fun!
kappy1 Posts 4 Registration date Friday July 26, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 28, 2013
Jul 26, 2013 at 02:39 PM
Thanks. I appreciate your response. I have filled in all the required fields and tried again. After I hit continue on the last question it doesn't move on to the next step of setting up a User. I am beginning to wonder if there is something wrong with drive or something.

Thanks so much for your help. As I said w I am a novice and really don't know what I am doing.

Thanks again
Blocked Profile
Jul 26, 2013 at 04:46 PM
It may be a licensing issue? I am not certain of the apple platform. I have partitioned WINDOWS space on an APPLE machine for dual boot, but I don't recall adding users to a MAC machine. I will continue to research, so check back pls.
kappy1 Posts 4 Registration date Friday July 26, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 28, 2013
Jul 26, 2013 at 08:50 PM
Ac3mark

Thanks. Still feverishly researching. Have tried over and over but it wont let me get pass registration to create new user.
I can restore applesetupdone and it goes back to the login screen that looks different to me. It asks for name on first line and password on second. I am used to just having the user already selected and it only asks for password at each login.

Thanks again for all your input and help

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Jul 28, 2013 at 03:34 PM
I found the install disk. So should be ok now, but I start up to utilities change password and when I select mac he it doesn't show any available users to choose from.

Please help, what am I doing wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated