Dell Vostro flashing splash screen

Closed
saferusa Posts 1 Registration date Sunday August 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 4, 2013 - Aug 4, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Dell_Shuchi_S Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday August 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 20, 2013   - Aug 19, 2013 at 02:01 AM
Hi,

I am in deep kimchee as I have to do a radio show tonight and everything is in my computer. I really need help!

The splash screen with the DELL logo keeps blinking with F2 setup and F12 Boot Options displayed in the upper right corner. I removed all USB devices and am down to just the power cord in the computer.

I tried rebooting but that didn't do anything. In fact, it returned to that display so quickly I don't think I actually turned if off despite holding the OFF button for 30 seconds. It just seemed to go black and get quiet but pushing the button again and it almost instantly returned to flashing splash screen.

F2 and FN F2 do nothing

F12 does nothing

FN F12 causes the screen to stop flashing and you can see that display but nothing happens other than it stop flashing. Its been sitting there like that for about 20 minutes.

I read somewhere about someone who had this problem and solved it by pressing F2 and doing something on a menu. Pressing F2 does nothing for me; I don't ever get to a menu.

I don't know what to do!
Related:

1 response

Dell_Shuchi_S Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday August 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 20, 2013  
Aug 19, 2013 at 02:01 AM
Hi.

I am Shuchi from the Dell Social Media outreach team.

I will help you with this issue. This issue may be either due to hardware or software issue.

Keep the Fn button on your system pressed and turn on the system.

The diagnostics will start on the system, you can leave the buttons.

Let the test continue. In case you get any errors make a note of it.

Any error codes will indicate hardware failure.

If there is no error message it is a software issue.

In this case you can run your system in safe mode. Turn on the system and immediately start tapping the F8 button till you see the advanced boot options.

Choose the option safe mode with networking. You can take a backup of your data in case you are able to access your system in safe mode.

If you experience any difficulties, please feel free to contact me directly by sending a reply to this blog.

We would recommend you do not post your private information on a public forum.

Thanks & Regards
Dell_Shuchi_S
Dell Social Media Responder