After reseating ram, computer turns on but says "No Signal"

Closed
derpyglasses Posts 3 Registration date Sunday August 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 7, 2013 - Aug 4, 2013 at 10:44 PM
baltazar7777 Posts 14 Registration date Monday August 5, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 7, 2013 - Aug 5, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Hello,

My father's desktop computer won't boot anymore. We had this computer since 2007.
It used to work perfectly but now, after you use the computer for a while.. it turns off by itself and says "No Signal". This has been happening constantly.
Earlier, I opened up the computer, reseat the ram and put it back in and when I turned on the computer, the power light turns on but it says "No Signal". I've tried to turn off the computer then turn it back on but the same thing still happens.

Any suggestions?
I'm really desperate to fix the computer. Also.. if I need new ram, is it okay to use ram from another computer (we have 2 other computers not working) to that desktop computer??

Any answers will be appreciated!!! :)

4 responses

baltazar7777 Posts 14 Registration date Monday August 5, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 7, 2013 4
Aug 5, 2013 at 08:53 AM
yup maybe overheating try to clean using compressed air and paint brush to remove dust or dirt take special care when you brush your motherboard while using compressed air. try to reseat any cable, sata, power cable etc. connected in the motherboard, if your comp. has a sound card, video card try to reseat them and clean. it help also if you change the thermal paste of your processor. using other memory check it out first if they are compatible. it can cause prob. if the memory are not compatible. goodluck!
derpyglasses Posts 3 Registration date Sunday August 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 7, 2013
Aug 5, 2013 at 09:20 AM
I forgot to mention this, the fans weren't running either when I turned on the computer.. do you know anything about this?
baltazar7777 Posts 14 Registration date Monday August 5, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 7, 2013 4
Aug 5, 2013 at 11:32 AM
if nothing happens to what i said before, try to change you're power supply. hold a metal in your house before you touch anything inside the computer. static can destroy the components of your computer.