Dell laptop Wifi not working [Closed]

kazmam5 2 Posts Sunday August 11, 2013Registration date August 27, 2013 Last seen - Aug 11, 2013 at 06:40 AM - Latest reply:  Harchand
- Nov 18, 2014 at 07:36 AM
Hi frnds, m having some problem with my laptp wifi. It's a Dell inspiron N5110 windows 7 64bit. I can connect to internet through my lan cable(ethernet) but not with wifi. The F2 key is not reponding. When I update my driver it says that "your driver is upto date". I tried every driver and every possible forum. The adapter name is Realtek PCIe FE family controller, which is working fine. So can plz anybody help me solving my prob. Thanks in advance guys :)
See more 

13 replies

+20
Helpful
This is brilliant. I had exactly the same problem and it has fixed it. Well done Zohaib!!
Was this answer helpful?  
+4
Helpful
I'll be calling a technician maybe tomorrow to re-set or repair the wireless card. Hope everything goes well.. Thank u soo much for ur help. I'll let u know when the problem get's resolved.
+4
Helpful
Problem solved. The adapted was not working, so got it changed. Thanks for all ur help :) But now my Bluetooth is not working or not showing any icon. Do I need to install any drivers?? I did installed few by choosing my product number and name from dell website but no luck. Plz help sir.
villapat05 1 Posts Tuesday August 27, 2013Registration date August 27, 2013 Last seen - Aug 27, 2013 at 09:13 AM
Download and Run Drive Identifier,it will show you the list of all the drivers that needs to be installed,then you can go directly to driverconnections.com to download the correct drivers.
kazmam5 2 Posts Sunday August 11, 2013Registration date August 27, 2013 Last seen - Aug 27, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Thanks for ur help villapat05 but the problem isn't solved. I recently got my wifi adapter fixed, it's working fine but i'am unable to use bluetooth on my laptop like before. How to install it again so I can use bluetooth. Thanks in advance :)
Zohaib R 2416 Posts Sunday September 23, 2012Registration date November 12, 2017 Last seen - Aug 18, 2013 at 09:00 AM
+3
Helpful
Hi kazmam5,

"Realtek PCIe FE family controller" is the NIC or Ethernet controller. The WLAN cards shipped with the Inspiron N5110 were Bluetooth combo cards. You must choose the drivers for one of the following:

1. Dell Wireless WLAN 1701 Half Mini-Card + BlueTooth 3.0
2. Dell Wireless WLAN 1702 Half Mini-Card + BlueTooth 3.0
3. Intel Centrino Wireless-N1030 Half Mini-Card + BlueTooth 3.0
4. Intel Centrino Advanced Wireless-N6230 Half Mini-Card + BlueTooth 3.0

The other WLAN card that is offered with the system are:

1. Dell Wireless WLAN 1502 Half Mini-Card
2. Dell Wireless WLAN 1503 Half Mini-Card
3. Intel Centrino Wireless-N1000 Half Mini-Card
4. Intel 6150 WiFi / WiMAX Half Mini-Card

To identify the correct WLAN card in your machine follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Press and hold "Windows key" on the keyboard and press the key "R".
2. Run dialog box will be displayed.
3. Type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotations marks) and hit Enter.
4. Expand Network Adapters and check which one of the cards (listed above) is present in your laptop.
5. Click here to open the support site.
6. Enter the "System Service Tag Number" in the box below "Enter your Service Tag to get started" and click "Submit".
7. Under the Network section download the WLAN driver for the card present in the system.

Hope this helps.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
Hi zohaib, I did what u said expanding the network adapters but all it shows is the "Realtek PCIe FE family controller" nothing else. Does it means that the hardware isn't detecting my wlan card?
Zohaib R 2416 Posts Sunday September 23, 2012Registration date November 12, 2017 Last seen - Aug 19, 2013 at 02:22 PM
+2
Helpful
Hi Kazmam5,

Please keep us posted with results; I will await your response. Let us know if you have any further queries.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
Zohaib R 2416 Posts Sunday September 23, 2012Registration date November 12, 2017 Last seen - Aug 18, 2013 at 01:12 PM
+1
Helpful
Hi kazmam5,

Have you checked under "Unknown Device" in "Device Manager"? If not, please check if the Wireless card is listed there. If you are not able to see the Wireless Card in the Device Manager, the wireless card might not be detected by the system. Take a technician's help or by yourself try to re-seat the Wireless Card (refer Service Manual for detailed steps on how to remove the wireless card and safety tips). The WLAN Mini-Card slot on the Inspiron N5110 / 15R system is located at the bottom of the palm rest.

Zohaib R 2416 Posts Sunday September 23, 2012Registration date November 12, 2017 Last seen - Aug 27, 2013 at 12:20 PM
+1
Helpful
Hi kazmam5,

The WLAN cards shipped with the Inspiron N5110 were Bluetooth combo cards:

1. Dell Wireless WLAN 1701 Half Mini-Card + BlueTooth 3.0
2. Dell Wireless WLAN 1702 Half Mini-Card + BlueTooth 3.0
3. Intel Centrino Wireless-N1030 Half Mini-Card + BlueTooth 3.0
4. Intel Centrino Advanced Wireless-N6230 Half Mini-Card + BlueTooth 3.0

The other WLAN cards that are offered with the system are:

1. Dell Wireless WLAN 1502 Half Mini-Card
2. Dell Wireless WLAN 1503 Half Mini-Card
3. Intel Centrino Wireless-N1000 Half Mini-Card
4. Intel 6150 WiFi / WiMAX Half Mini-Card

First four wireless cards are Bluetooth combo cards while the later four cards do not have Bluetooth capability but are compatible with Inspiron N5110. If you replacement wireless card is one of the later four cards Bluetooth will not work in your machine. Please check the Device Manager to identify the wireless card installed in the machine.

Faheem Niazi - Mar 22, 2014 at 01:54 AM
Helpful
when I try to see my network adapter through device manager it doesn't show any but my windows update downloaded
Broadcom Corporation driver update for Dell Wireless 1701 Bluetooth v3.0+HS
I have successfully installed it
but my Wi-Fi still doesn't turn on only my Bluetooth is turning on and off what I should do?
Me 2 I have the same problem man
i have dell studio 1555 laptop . 'its not connecting to internet by wifi.. But it is connecting to internet by LAN,..Can you help me how can I connect to internet by WiFi