Desktop monitor shows black screen when PC is turned on

Closed
bchoudhury2 Posts 1 Registration date Monday August 26, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2013 - Aug 26, 2013 at 02:32 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Aug 27, 2013 at 05:40 AM
Hi,

My PC runs when turned on but monitor shows first green light and immediately yellow light with black screen. I checked the monitor with another PC where it works perfectly well. My graphic card is attached to the mother board in such a way that can not be removed. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Aug 27, 2013 at 05:40 AM
Hi bchoudhury2,

You have already performed most of the common troubleshooting steps. I would like to suggest few steps that can help. Please follow the below mentioned steps if you have not tried them already:

1. Reseat monitor cable (VGA/DVI/HDMI) and check the input signal mode in Monitor OSD (On Screen Display or Menu).
2. Reset the monitor to factory defaults. Run Self-test on the Monitor. If Monitor supports Built-In Diagnostics, run the test. If test fails; the monitor has problem and needs to be replaced. (Note: you will find steps on running tests on monitor in the Service Manual of the Monitor).

Hope this helps.