Bootable windows XP from USB without cd-rom and cd-drive

Closed
atemukay Posts 1 Registration date Monday September 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 2, 2013 - Sep 2, 2013 at 01:05 PM
somiosas Posts 2 Registration date Monday September 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 2, 2013 - Sep 2, 2013 at 03:04 PM
Hi new user here, my pc is broken and i need to boot a new image of windows xp, i've got a usb (4gb) but i don't have access to a official cd or cd-drive? wondering what to do thanks!
Related:

1 response

somiosas Posts 2 Registration date Monday September 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 2, 2013
Sep 2, 2013 at 03:04 PM
search for and download this program
WinSetupFromUSB_1-0-beta7

then
1) click refresh and from the drop box choose your flash desk
2) click "bootice" a new window will appear
3) from the drop box make sure you see your flash desk, then click "Parts Manage" a new window will appear
4) click on "ReFormate USB desk, a new window will appear
5) choose "USB-HDD mode", then choose "Align to 1MB(2048 sectors)", then click "NEXT"
6) from "file system" choose "NTFS", then check the box "Quick Formate", then click "OK", a warning message will appear click "ok"
7) the programe is now formating ur flash desk , when finish formating a "congratulations" message will appear, click "OK"
8) Leave only the main window of the programe and close all othe windows
9)minimize the program, and from your "power ISO "program, mount your windows xp image "ISO"
10)now restore the program main window again, you have 5 check boxes , the first one is for windows XP, click on the first check box for windows xp, now the button to the right containing "...." is activated, click on it, a new window will appear, scroll and click on the windows xp image you already inserted via power iso, then click "OK"
11) the program is now making your flash desk bootable and copying the windows xp files to your flash desk..
NOTE:-
at the bottom right of the window you will find 2 numbers
the one to the right is the total files numbers
and the one to the left is the number of copied files
so when things are going right and when finished copying the two numbers must be the same, if not, so something wrong happened and you redo the steps again

12) when finish a message will appear "job done" click "OK", don't forget to have a look to the 2 numbers at the bottom right
13) Eject your flash desk , restart your pc or laptop, make your flash desk the 1st boot, and Enjoy :)

NOTE:-
don't connect your flash desk to any computer after finishing making it bootable, because any program like "Auto run remover" can simply delete the auto run file which is necessary for the booting process, so take care of this

i hope the information is usefull
good luck :)