Some keys stopped working i.e.B, N, Space, Arrows

Solved
shreeraj365 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday September 3, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 3, 2013 - Updated on Jul 25, 2017 at 04:44 PM
 Elaf_tauqir - Sep 30, 2022 at 03:52 PM
Hi,

Suddenly some keys on my dell vostro 1015 (such as B, N, SPACE BAR, ARROWS), stopped working without any reason. Its been 1month and yet I haven't found any solution for it.I am not getting time to get it repaired.i need help from you guyz. 1day before when it stopped working, installed a game and next day of it, keys stopped working. Uninstalled the game but the problem still continues.. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!

Waiting for your valuable replies...
thanks !
Related:

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Updated on Nov 29, 2018 at 03:37 PM
Hi shreeraj365,

With permission from carminabigue I would like to add a few steps. Please try the below mentioned steps and reply with results:
  • 1. Please start the computer and enter System Setup (BIOS) by hitting F2 key at Dell Logo.
  • 2. Restore System Setup fields to Defaults by pressing <Alt><F>.
  • 3. Shut down the computer and disconnect Battery, AC Adapter and external devices.
  • 4. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and then release the power button.
  • 5. Re-connect the AC Adapter and Battery only and power on the computer.
  • 6. Start tapping the F8 key and boot to the Safe Mode.
  • 7. In the "Safe Mode" press and hold "Windows key" on the keyboard and press the key "R".
  • 8. Run dialog box will be displayed.
  • 9. Type "
    devmgmt.msc
    " (without quotations marks) and hit Enter.
  • 10. Expand "Keyboards", right click the listed keyboard(s) and select "Uninstall".
  • 11. Restart the computer and wait for the keyboard drivers to load.
  • 12. Check the functionality of the keyboard now.

Thank you! This worked
Hello! I have the same issue but my laptop has a built-in battery, i cannot remove it. Does this also work without removing the battery?
I am having the same issue with the dell XPS 15 9550. Nothing seems to be working. Any advice?