USB 3.0 HDD not showing any volume

Closed
DennisJ Posts 4 Registration date Friday September 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 7, 2013 - Sep 6, 2013 at 03:33 PM
 Shreyam Db - Jun 21, 2016 at 11:12 AM
The external HDD is recognized in device manager, but does not show up in the Disk Management section, nor does my internal HD. If I unplug the External HD then the internal HD shows up in Disk Management. How do I set or turn on the external HDD volume. I tried the solution listed on Nov 19,2012 but after typing in "diskpart" the dialog box opens but I am not able to enter the next command. ???. Help!

The external HD is a new Sony 1TB USB 3.0 model HD-E1
Related:

5 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Sep 6, 2013 at 04:07 PM
Hi DennisJ,

Uninstall the drivers for the External Hard Drive in "Device Manager" and then disconnect the Hard Drive. Restart the computer and then re-connect the Hard Drive. Wait for the drivers to load, now check in the Disk Management if the Hard Drive is detected.
I have the same problem..There was a password manager that i installed and it worked 4 or 5 times but later it doesnt show anything only a space of 99mb is shown with a empty file named unlock.. plzzz hlp me its new