Dell boot sequence locked out

Closed
fonemax Posts 1 Registration date Monday September 9, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 9, 2013 - Sep 9, 2013 at 08:19 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Sep 9, 2013 at 03:45 PM
hi had this dell inspiron 1520 I am trying to format but there is a lock on the boot sequence. when I hit enter on the boot sequence it says ( Setup is locked!enter the admin password into Security -> Unlock Setup to enable changes.

how do I fix this problem
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Sep 9, 2013 at 03:45 PM
Hi fonemax,

Kindly check the below mentioned link to know the scope of support for password issues on this website:

Why Kioskea doesn't help with system and digital passwords

Before we can help you with any password related issues, it needs to be verified that you are the legitimate owner of the computer. In order to verify this we would need the System Service Tag Number of the computer and the Name or the Registered User of the computer. As this is confidential information I request you to private message me the service tag of the system, registered owners name, address, and primary/alternate contact numbers.

To private message, click my user name Zohaib R and click "Write a message".

Please allow me some time to find the fix. Kindly wait for reply in the forum after sending the private message.

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.