Please help with chrome autofill password retrieval thank you

Closed
delstep1 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday September 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 10, 2013 - Sep 10, 2013 at 05:52 AM
delstep1 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday September 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 10, 2013 - Sep 10, 2013 at 06:54 AM
Hello,

I have been using the autofill feature in chrome to login to gmail for over a year. Yesterday I accidentally typed in the password field. Now it won't revert back to the original-correct password. The "show" feature in settings only shows the most recent (incorrect) entry. I do not remember the password. Is there any way I can force gmail to revert to using the correct password?

Thank you for your help

Have a good day
Related:

1 response

delstep1 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday September 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 at 06:54 AM
SOLVED. Kind of. I used a program called Nirosoft to retrieve the password. It did not produce\revert to the old password (it showed the last characters I typed in the field) but it displayed the date the password was added to the system. One of the recovery questions gmail asked is for the date the account was opened. So I used the date data in the Nirosoft report and answered the other questions best I could and they reset it for me. Thanks