IE 8 cannot access any internet web pages

Solved/Closed
dumbdum - Updated on Jun 6, 2017 at 03:42 PM
 Ramrod - Dec 26, 2018 at 10:48 PM
Hello, I'm having a problem gaining access to the internet with IE, cannot up date avg 8 for virus protection. I can still go on line through Google Chrome and I'm receiving my e-mail but whenever I try to go on line through IE, I get a message saying cannot access this web page, my anti virus is well out of date. Is there some other way to update the AVG without going through IE ? I have tried down loading the update to my downloads but I don't know how to get it installed into the AVG, it says that it is a bin file, whatever that is . I have AVG 8 installed and I have IE 8 installed, my windows program is xp media addition sp3. I don't know much about computer ,only enough to get me in trouble. Has anyone had this problem ??? Help
Related:

43 responses

Try this, it worked for me:

Open IE
Tools tab > Internet Options > restore Adanced Settings and Reset Internet Explorer settings.
Restart IE.

Good Luck!
James!

Mannnnn....I have searched everywhere for an answer...I can't believe it was SOOO simple!

Thanks for taking the time to post the info! I am working out of town and *had* to get IE to work.

You are the man!

(: me :)
James,

Awesome tip ! Worked like a charm...any ideas on what would have to happen to cause IE8 to not work?

thanks!!!

lcdespo