Toshiba Satellite L300-242 black screen after booting up [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question reillyscott 2Posts Tuesday September 24, 2013Registration date September 24, 2013 Last seen - Last answered on Mar 15, 2016 07:56PM
Hi there

I have a Toshiba Satellite L300D-242 with Windows Vista, bought around 4-5 years ago.
I've had a few problems in the past with adware but never any problems with the machine booting up.

My problem is this: The laptop turned itself off and went I turn it back on, all I get is a black screen. It makes a couple of initial beeps like it always did, and the hard drive LED is on as normal, but there's no other LED activity and the screen is just black. It doesn't even get as far as the Toshiba screen.

I've tried a few of the suggestions from another thread, such as taking out the battery and holding in the Esc key for a minute, then pressing the power button, etc. But nothing has worked for me.

I'm at a loss. Could anybody lend a hand if they have had similar problems.

Thanks in advance
See more 
Helpful
+5
moins plus
I have same problem. Unplug and take battery out. Hold down the on button for 30 secs. Put battery back in and start it up. If that doesn,t work restore it back to factory setting.
Luvstoworkout 2Posts Tuesday March 15, 2016Registration date March 15, 2016 Last seen - Mar 15, 2016 07:56PM
OMG....... Thank you, it's back !!!!!!
Helpful
+1
moins plus
Hello,

Since the lappy seems to boot, it could either a graphic card or a screen issue. To determine where is the issue, I suggest connecting to an external monitor.

Lets us now

Regards
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Good Morning,

Does the screen turn kind of "gray" when the power comes on?

If the screen turns gray, take it to a qualified technician, they will fix the backlight.

Helpful
+0
moins plus
Hi

No, there isn't any change in screen colour at all. Just black all the time. The only signs of live are the hard disk LED and the sound of the fan.
Helpful
+0
moins plus
im sufring from the same problum I trid tis tric even I trid it twic but did not get any slution n im so worrid plz hep me ... my adapter n battery is working as well n charging light also blink .. fan is also workin my laptop. get on but after a half mint it goes off cant unpderstandin wat to do m y laptop is gifted by someon plz help me ...answer me soon I ill be glad
starcrazy- Mar 27, 2014 09:58PM
this does work on mine I had a black screen and taking the battery out and holding the power button for 30 seconds and put the battery back in and turn it on
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Worked like a charm ,,,,,,,,,,, ta

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?