Problem.with.my.spacebar.enterkey.and.backspace [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question udok6000 2Posts Thursday September 26, 2013Registration date September 26, 2013 Last seen - Last answered on Mar 17, 2017 at 03:26 AM by Dondi
hello.i.have.a.problem.with.my.enterkey.spacebar.and.backspace.on.my.laptop.i've.already.tried.the.sticky.keys.but.it.didn't.work.whenever.i.hit.my.enterkey.or.spacebar.a.set.of.letters.appear.instead.like.for.example.when.i.hit.enter.letters.mvxcz.appear.on.my.textbox.please.help.me.thank.you
See more 
Helpful
+66
plus moins
well my keyboard worked fine again. I press spacebar, enter key, and backspace all at the same time for like 5 seconds and it suddenly they all worked properly. I don't know if I just got lucky. or is this what they call sticky keys not sure. but I hope the problem won't happen again. if it does I hope the solution would be the same.
Was this answer helpful?  
BikerBob- Feb 21, 2015 at 11:24 PM
OK. not sure why, but it worked for me too. Thanks!
TheCM- Mar 7, 2015 at 10:35 AM
awesome, worked for me too...thanks!
nomi- Mar 30, 2015 at 08:21 AM
Wowwww This Also Works For Me,
Thanks
Jim- Aug 28, 2016 at 03:42 PM
It didnt work what do you mean by pressed it for 5 seconds
Dondi- Mar 17, 2017 at 03:26 AM
Wow! It worked for me too! Wierd yet cool at the same time. Super thanks!
Helpful
+12
plus moins
i am also having the same problem. literally the same problem. my spacebar backspace and enter key is not working properly. if I use my spacebar it types "cxv" or ramdom letters. I am using hp inspiron. sometimes it works fine but then everytime I shutdown and turn on my laptop the problem starts again. could this be some kind of virus?
Helpful
+4
plus moins
i'm.using.dell.inspiron.it.began.2.days.ago.i.haven't.tried.using.an.external.keyboard.but.i.tried.using.the.internal.keyboard.and.it.was.perfectly.fine.yup,itried.cleaning.it.but.nothing.happened.still.the.same.tried.to.restore.it.to.factory.settings.but.nothing.then.tried.scanning.my.laptop.for.viruses.tried.the.fn+f11.still.the.same
Helpful
+2
plus moins
Hi udok6000,

Change in the keyboard layout can cause keys behavior to change. Please ensure all the additional languages are removed from "Regional and Language" settings. Click here to find steps on how to change your keyboard layout.

Do reply with results.

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.
ac3mark 7105Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ContributorStatus June 23, 2017 Last seen - Sep 26, 2013 at 05:32 PM
@Zohaib R...thank you...I knew your Infinite DELL wisdom would come through!
Zohaib R 2416Posts Sunday September 23, 2012Registration date April 27, 2017 Last seen - Sep 26, 2013 at 07:39 PM
Hi ac3mark,

I am sorry for entering the thread without permission. I just wanted to throw some light on the issue by suggesting a few additional tips (assuming it helps the user).
Helpful
+2
plus moins
Hello
I am just besides myself. The backspace, return, semicolon keys don't work randomly. Sometimes all is fine and then no matter what I do, they don't work.I am using acer laptop with Windows 7. I changed the antivirus, removed spybot and other languages - nada. I suspect it has something to do with the Sleep function, but cannot find the pattern. Any suggestions would be marvellous. Thanks
Helpful
+1
plus moins
Ok, if the space bar is the only thing that isn't working, you need to make certain the cable is seated properly. It is possible that the laptop was jarred and the cable came loose. Youtube how to take your particular laptop apart if it is out of warranty.

If you have reset the software and no changes, it would have to be a physical problem. I would go and get an external keyboard first and see if it still duplicates. If it does not , then you know the BIOS of the Laptop is good (as it is correclty receiving and correctly responding to hardware requests as expected). If it does duplicate, then the BIOS of the laptop has been corrupted and need a new load (as the new keyboard is repsonding the same as the other one, bios in common.)

The easiest quickest way to t-shoot this problem without taking apart your laptop, is to go and get a usb keyboard and plug it in to see if it works as expected. I got one at "BIGLOTS" for under $10(US).
Helpful
+0
plus moins
OK well we wil try this again.

What type of Laptop or PC? You have provided us with no information to assist you with this matter. We need to know what it is, when it started, and what have you already tried to fix it so we do not duplicate your t-shooting.

Please advise as to what/when?
What machine?
When did it start doing this?

Have you tried an external keyboard? Have you tried cleaning the keyboard with the machine off and a can of compressed air?

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?