Dell n5010 not booting boot , please help me

Closed
sohom Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday October 1, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2013 - Oct 1, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Oct 2, 2013 at 08:51 PM
Hello,

i am sohom , facing problem related my dell n5010 display and booting.
problem I found : my laptop not booting and black screen with 8 beep. I searing from web and found that it is related to my display problem.
what I have try: I open my laptop and set my LCD with other lap and it working.

buy new display cable and set it but problem not solving and I assume that it could be related my mother board.

after that I connect my lap with a projector and found that it working fine in safe mode and working good in normal mood if I deactivate graphic driver ATN radon. I uninstall this driver and install older version of the ATN radon driver in express mode and found that it open in safe mode but not in normal mode. when I ttry to open in normal mode it become a blue screen and shout down.

i again connect my lap with LCD and found same problem again.

I am confuse what is the main problem .....is it mother board or cable or driver
please help me

Related:

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Oct 1, 2013 at 02:09 PM
Hi sohom,

Please try the steps provided in this video:

How to Troubleshoot a Laptop Screen That Won't Turn On

Hope this helps.

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.
sohom Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday October 1, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2013
Oct 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM
not solve my problem following your instruction
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Oct 2, 2013 at 08:51 PM
Hi sohom,

Last part of the video suggests updating the System Setup (BIOS) using an external monitor. Have you updated the BIOS? If no, please download and update the BIOS.

Note: Plug your computer to a good, working UPS before you update the BIOS. If you experience a loss of AC power or a significant voltage sag/spike during the BIOS flash, you will either have to buy a new BIOS chip or buy a new motherboard.

You can watch this video on how to update the System Setup:

Update your Dell PC's BIOS in 99 Seconds

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.