Certain keys on my laptop stops working

Closed
twixyjc Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday October 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2013 - Oct 2, 2013 at 07:32 AM
twixyjc Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday October 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2013 - Oct 2, 2013 at 08:03 AM
I had a sony vaio E series VPCEA42EA,after a few minutes after i turned on my LP,
certain keys on my laptop stops working,(letter y,u,r,no. 2, ")"and caps).

when i tried to press and hold the keys for 2 or 3 secs it works,but after few minutes,it stop working again even holding it.

Also, after the LP was shut down for a long time,this situation repeats all over again..

i tried to uninstall it and restart, nothing happens
i tried to use ext. keyboard,all works fine
i tried to update the KB,driver is up to date
i tried removing batts, power cord and hold start button for 60 secs,nothing changes
what else can i do?
Related:

2 responses

poiasd Posts 1 Registration date Saturday July 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2013
Oct 2, 2013 at 07:47 AM
The most likely cause is due to excess dust in the keyboard, which is causing difficulty in the key to make contact with the circuit. Try removing the individual keys that are not working, clean the area with a toothbrush and reinstall the keys.

You might need to show your lappy to a service station.
twixyjc Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday October 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2013
Oct 2, 2013 at 08:03 AM
thanks poiasd,

But why after my laptop has been shutdown for about 10 hours more or less maybe,it works again like theres no prob.,and as time goes by,maybe few minutes,its still working by pressng and holdng it,and few mins later its gone. dont you consider sofware prob
twixyjc Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday October 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2013
Oct 2, 2013 at 08:00 AM
thanks poiasd,

But why after my laptop has been shutdown for about 10 hours more or less maybe,it works again like theres no prob.,and as time goes by,maybe few minutes,its still working by pressng and holdng it,and few mins later its gone. dont you consider sofware prob?