Copy conditional formatting for an entire row based on one cell

Solved/Closed
Maurits Kvåle Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday October 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 4, 2013 - Updated on Dec 20, 2018 at 09:28 AM
 guest - May 17, 2018 at 11:09 PM
Hello.

I'm working on an Excel sheet, where the entire row is colored based on the values of two cells in the current row. If one of the cells in the row is marked with an "x", the whole row gets one color (green), and if another cell is marked with an "x", the whole row gets one color (red).

This is OK, and I made that rule work perfectly. However, when I want to copy this to the next row, the formula wont change. It automatically comes with "$B$1" (for example), and I can't change it to be only "B1". So when I copy the conditional formatting from one row to the next, the second row will also be colored based on the values in the first row.

And, I am going to apply this on 1000 rows, so it will take me at least a year to change every formula individually.

Is there anything I can do to copy this conditional formatting to the next 999 rows, where it also switches the formula to the next cell underneath?

Any help would be really appreciated. I've googled this for a while now and haven't found any solutions on the web yet.

Best regards!
Related:

3 responses

Mazzaropi Posts 1985 Registration date Monday August 16, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 24, 2023 147
Oct 2, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Maurits, Good morning.

Greetings from Brazil.

Try to use only $B1 instead $B$1

Tell us if it worked for you.
Belo Horizonte, Brasil.
Marcílio Lobão
only my phone problem manage accessibility this functions inside my phone n memori so only change this funcutions
Thanks - easy!