No sound on Youtube Videos in any browser [Solved/Closed]

dmcmillen 2 Posts Friday October 4, 2013Registration date October 5, 2013 Last seen - Oct 4, 2013 at 11:42 AM - Latest reply:  Katrina
- May 12, 2015 at 03:35 PM
Win 7, 64, Home, Adobe Flash Player ActiveX 11.8.800.175, Adobe Flash Player Plugin 11.8.800.168, Firefox 24.0 (IE 10, Maxthon 3)

This may have started when I updated Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX to 11.8.800.175 on 9/27. All youtube videos in all browsers play video fine but no audio. Some websites with embedded flash play audio, some do not -- none with embedded youtube flash play audio. No problems with the Volume Mixer. Have run FireFox in Safe Mode and same problem. Computer audio outside browsers works fine. VLC, Windows Media Player all work fine. Problem is only in the browsers. I have K-Lite pack installed. Everything has been working with no problems.

Would really appreciate some help here.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32]
"vidc.mrle"="msrle32.dll"
"vidc.msvc"="msvidc32.dll"
"msacm.imaadpcm"="imaadp32.acm"
"msacm.msg711"="msg711.acm"
"msacm.msgsm610"="msgsm32.acm"
"msacm.msadpcm"="msadp32.acm"
"midimapper"="midimap.dll"
"wavemapper"="msacm32.drv"
"vidc.uyvy"="msyuv.dll"
"vidc.yuy2"="msyuv.dll"
"vidc.yvyu"="msyuv.dll"
"vidc.iyuv"="iyuv_32.dll"
"vidc.i420"="iyuv_32.dll"
"vidc.yvu9"="tsbyuv.dll"
"msacm.l3acm"="C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\l3codeca.acm"
"vidc.cvid"="iccvid.dll"
"wave"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux"="wdmaud.drv"
"msacm.ac3filter"="ac3filter.acm"
"msacm.dvacm"="C:\\PROGRA~2\\COMMON~1\\ULEADS~1\\vio\\dvacm.acm"
"wave3"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi3"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer3"="wdmaud.drv"
"wave4"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi4"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer4"="wdmaud.drv"
"wave1"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi1"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer1"="wdmaud.drv"
"wave2"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi2"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer2"="wdmaud.drv"
"msacm.dvacm_vspx5"="c:\\PROGRA~2\\Corel\\CORELV~2\\COMMON~1\\Vio\\Dvacm.acm"
See more 

40 replies

+2
Helpful
Hi all,
I have been having this issue for months

I have just found the following codec which has fixed the sound playing in IE 11 for youtube videos

http://www.divx.com/en/software/technologies/h264

the codec is from divx and is called H.264

Running windows 8.1 with IE 11, all latest widows patches
I have tried every flash version and fix suggested on hundreds of sites of which none worked

installed this codec and all is fixed

hope this helps everyone else
Was this answer helpful?  
please note you may also need to do the following:
go to internet explorer options:

Tools / Internet Options
click on the Advanced TAB
Scroll down to - Multi-media
Tick the box:

'Play sounds in webpages'
close IE and re-open
Your suggestion in IE11 to enable "sounds in webpage" cured my youtube sound issues, Thanks!
Bobbalobbadobba - Nov 18, 2014 at 09:31 AM
Thanks murph
THANK YOU I didn't have the other problems but this helped me youre the best.
Ambucias 47826 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus December 15, 2017 Last seen - Oct 4, 2013 at 04:38 PM
Helpful
Greetings

Take a look at this Kioskea How-to article, it just may be the solution you are looking for:

http://ccm.net/faq/10383-no-sound-on-youtube-or-any-video-audio-site

Good luck
dmcmillen 2 Posts Friday October 4, 2013Registration date October 5, 2013 Last seen - Oct 5, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Helpful
Well I have solved the problem and do I feel pretty stupid. Although I must say that this is easy to miss. It appears that the latest Flash update leaves the Flash player with the volume slider turned all the way down. It is unmuted but you don't see the volume slider unless you hover over the mute icon. Once you turn it up it is set for the Flash player for all videos. It never ceases to amaze me the decisions that software developers make.
Katrina > Kintatsu - May 12, 2015 at 03:35 PM
Thank you for posting! I didn't catch it. Truly makes no sense for them to have done that.
bottom left of youtube window speaker is muted
Mackie > Gollum - Apr 15, 2015 at 02:58 PM
Yes. You are correct. I saw your post and checked the bottom left of Youtube window speaker and it is muted. After I changed that I got the audios. Thank you.
Very frustrating. No sound in Youtube. Read all the suggestions and nothing worked until I went into programs/uninstall and removed the latest Java 8? update and also 2 recent FlashPlayer updates, both installed a few days ago. Now everything works again. Did not have to reinstall either. I am using Windows 7. Hope this can help.
uninstalled adobe flash player and everything is back to normal
Uchiha_Ukire - Dec 21, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Helpful
sharing a possible solution I found:
encountered audio problem for youtube nov-dec 2013

for W7 x32

on the lower right side of the task bar, right click on the volume icon, click
Sounds

click on the Playback tab

check if the playback device is Default Communication Device or a Third Party
device (i have Digital Power Station as 3rd Party)

highlight the built-in sound device (i have IDT High Def Audio CODEC), click the "Set as Default" button....

check all volume sliders / controls just to see if they are set to mute, untick/uncheck if they are... adjust volume to desired level.

* I still wanted to use DPS so I just reenabled it..
* I used a suggested registry edit from another site
* I updated Flash Player
* either one or all of these might have something to do for the fix..

i hope this helps..
After months of banging my palm against my head in frustration, I finally found your post which saved the day-and relieved my self-inflicted headache! Thanks a million!
Followed your advice and discovered that my FireFox volume was muted. Ta Da! ;)
This is all it took: "on the lower right side of the task bar, right click on the volume icon, click Sounds" . Once I clicked on the volume icon (like I do all the time to adjust or mute the volume) I saw the word "mixer" at the bottom. Clicked on THAT and discovered everything was on except the sound for FireFox was muted. Un-muted it and now it works, No installing/uninstalling anything! Again, thanks a million!
thank you Bunny! the essential word for me was also MIXER!
Helpful
Thank you ! just tried the "Hover" over the muted sound icon on youtube and , all working now. (issue due to recent flash player update)
honeybunhope - Apr 21, 2014 at 11:54 PM
Helpful
Honestly I had the same problem, I tried to update my flash player and nothing happened. So I finally went to shut down my computer and it said restart & update, I clicked that, kept my laptop plugged in and it restarted. Now it works just fine! Hope this helps someone!