Windows update error

Solved/Closed
Th3 Duk3 Posts 5 Registration date Saturday October 5, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 5, 2013 - Oct 5, 2013 at 04:14 PM
 Polo - May 4, 2016 at 10:14 AM
Hi,

I've been trying to install Microsoft .Net Framework (ver. 3, 4 and 4.5), but gets an error everytime coded "HRESULT 0x8000222". Now as far as I could find out, this refers to a problem with Windows update.

My internet connection works (since I'm writing this now on the internet connected), but the button at the task bar icons shows it to be ofline (or not connected). When I try to run windows update it tells me: "Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running." despite the fact that the settings is on "Always check for updates".

How do I fix this? Pls help!
Related:

7 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Oct 5, 2013 at 05:08 PM
Hello

Your are correct about the error.

Try this:

1. Click on start type cmd in the search bar, click right on cmd.exe

2. Choose run as admin

3. Type net stop wuauserv press enter, this command will stop Windows Update.

4. Type ren %windir%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.Old and press enter, this command allows to rename « softwaredistribution ».

5. Type net Start wuauserv and press Entrer, this command will reactivate Windows Update

6. You can then look for Windows updates and try to install Framework.

Good luck
Thank you, this review was helpful to me. Thank you indeed.
thanks so much it was helpfull
You are the best
Th3 Duk3 Posts 5 Registration date Saturday October 5, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 at 05:29 PM
I praise your knowledge sir, it worked like a charm. Thank you!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Oct 5, 2013 at 06:08 PM
The pleasure is all mine and I will not share it with anyone.

Have a most pleasant night in the land of the Very Honorable Nelson Mandela, a honorary citizen of my country.
Worked for me two! Thanks so much!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Only solution i've tried that works.. Thanks man!
Thanks it Helped for me as well :)
This is amazing. Ambucias thank you very much. I found this page through google and tried your suggestion.... WORKED!!! I'm grateful.
it worked! but have to rename manually the directory