Incoming and Outgoing Email Servers

Solved/Closed
Sandycan2 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday October 9, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 9, 2013 - Oct 9, 2013 at 03:18 PM
Sandycan2 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday October 9, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 9, 2013 - Oct 9, 2013 at 07:41 PM
Hi! My name is Sandy and I have a big question to ask you! I need to know what my incoming and my outgoing email servers names are? I am trying to set up an email file for a company I'm dealing with right now and I don't know what they are. Can you please help me with that?

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Oct 9, 2013 at 04:29 PM
Hello Sandy

Take a look at this Kioskea How-to article:

https://ccm.net/faq/22233-gmail-s-incoming-and-outgoing-servers
Sandycan2 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday October 9, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 9, 2013
Oct 9, 2013 at 04:53 PM
Thanks for the info. Just so I'm clear myself; POP3 is my incoming and smtp.gmail.com will be my outgoing server? That's how I understand it. Is that right? I have gmail. Maybe if I had put the business in my contact list for the moment and then sent them an email I might have had better luck. I am obviously not very computer savy!! It's good to know this though in case this problem comes up again! Thank you very much for your help!!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Oct 9, 2013 at 05:51 PM
You are most welcome !

Anywhere, even with a service provider, pop. is incoming and SMTP is outgoing.

I don't know why you are using gmail for a business as a company should be using such applications as Outlook and get e-mail service from the Internet Service Provider, especially when you are in Canada. That in my opinion is the best way to set up an e-mail service for a company.

GMail data can be spyied on or hacked. You could loose important data if the account is closed for spamming etc. If it's for those who travel abroad it's okay but not for day to day business.

Good luck

Ambucias
Moderator & Security Contributor
Sandycan2 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday October 9, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 9, 2013
Oct 9, 2013 at 07:41 PM
Thank you for all the information that you have provided me! Much appreciated!!
Actually I was trying to get a hold of a company that I had bought something from
as I needed information from them and that was the way it was making me set up an email to them! As for our business, yes we do have another email address through GoDaddy. I get the info sent to my gmail address though because I was just new at this and my daughter thought it might be better for me to do it that way so it would be less confusing for me at the time. I figured that one out now so happy for that!! Thanks again for all the info! Have a good day/ night!