Black screen when starting Sony Vaio laptop [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question kiajalali 1Posts Friday October 11, 2013Registration date October 11, 2013 Last seen - Last answered on Jun 5, 2015 at 11:37 AM by Gopal
My Sony vaio laptop has black screen on start up.
It shows cursor arrow only . Nothing works.
When it starts it does show "vaio" logo that disappears into a black screen.
Somebody help please!!!!
I have tried taking battery out and pressing power button for 60 seconds - doesn't work
Crtl+Alt delete doesn't work
It happened when I added a new account to windows 8 and I deleted the former one.
Helpful
+1
plus moins
Hello Klajalali,

What is your operating system ?

Is it the same in "safe mode" ?
--> To start in "safe mode", you can see here : http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm

If you can start in safe mode, try to "Restore the system to a previous date"
--> To "Restore the system to a previous date", see here :
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000589.htm

Have you the installation CD ?

Regards. Bridget. !
Was this answer helpful?  
Kiavash- Oct 12, 2013 at 05:00 PM
Hi, Thanks for your response. nothing was working. I couldn't get in safe mode. just black screen .non of F keys were working. anyway I fixed it. this is how...

I took out the hard driver, put it on my other laptop, installed a new windows 8 on it, and put it back. so I just saved money, time and my new laptop. I believe the problem was because of the 'fast boot option' feature in windows 8 which is on by default. I am going to turn it off. Thanks again for your help
Bridget. 5765Posts lundi 16 juillet 2012Registration date ContributorStatus June 14, 2015 Last seen - Oct 12, 2013 at 05:15 PM
I'm glad your issue is resolved and thanks for your feedback that can help others members.
Good contiuation.
Regards. Bridget.
hsinsg- Apr 7, 2015 at 10:11 AM
I managed to start the computer by press Window + R during start up. The screen prompted that 'Fast Boot option' was temporary disable. Then I turn off the 'fast boot option' feature in windows 8.1. Every thing back to normal without reinstallation.
Gopal- Jun 5, 2015 at 11:37 AM
Hello , I have sony e series i5 window 8 but I can't start my laptop ....when ever I start my lap its showning all the time ...
failure configuring window feature
Reverting changes
do not turn off your computer

Can some suggest me what I have to do.

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?