Sony Mp3 Walkman is not getting Detected STILL

Solved/Closed
TorontoWolf Posts 2 Registration date Friday October 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 - Oct 18, 2013 at 06:04 PM
TorontoWolf Posts 2 Registration date Friday October 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 - Oct 18, 2013 at 06:09 PM
Hey,

So I found this site and saw that someone with what seems like the same problem had their issue resolved but unfortunately I cannot do the same. My issue is that when I connect my Sony Walkman NWZ-E464 to the computer, the screen will turn on but nothing else. It does not charge and my computer does not recognize it, other than the screen turning on, NOTHING happens. This is the solution I found that came from a similar problem...

"sony mp3 can be detected as removable disk
just follow...be sure your player is connected to pc
go to my computer right click>>properties> IN HARDWARE TAB select device manager>portable audio>right click select update drivers>click next>tick the option let me choose driver for this device>next choose usb mass storage driver from two options click next....
AND U R DONE...."

The problem is that I can't find "portable audio" or anything that resembles it. I have even tried to show hidden devices...nothing.

Any help?

1 response

TorontoWolf Posts 2 Registration date Friday October 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013
Oct 18, 2013 at 06:09 PM
Ok so I solved my own problem. Wouldn't you know. After 3 hours of trying to figure this out I solved it RIGHT after posting. I just took a pin and did a rest on the back of the player. Found it in this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3Jz5cBeaFg