My HP 2000 Notebook PC won't start--Please Help

Solved/Closed
Badinagoodway Posts 1 Registration date Monday November 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 18, 2013 - Nov 18, 2013 at 12:58 PM
 padox - Apr 22, 2016 at 02:56 PM
I did not power off last night and just closed the lid. Apparently the power adapter was unplugged and the battery ran down. When I plugged it in I noticed that the light next to where the power plugs in to the computer went from white to orange. After leaving it alone for awhile I removed the battery and unplugged it and then put battery back in and plugged it in. The white light stays white now but the computer does nothing when I push the power button. Can anyone please suggest what I should try before buying a replacement? The laptop is no more than 6 months old and buying a replacement would be terrible financially. Thanks very much for any assistance that might be provided.
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Nov 18, 2013 at 01:41 PM
You should try the following:
1. remove the battery and unplug the laptop
2. press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds
3. replace the battery and plug the power cord into the wall outlet
4. try turning the computer on again.

good luck
Thank you! I was worried for a bit and the instructions sounded fishy but works like a charm!!
I have a HP 15 Notebook with windows 8.1, I recently downloaded a scam file of a game and now my laptop has a virus, I just got this laptop two days ago from my grandpa and I am extremely angry. My laptop will not start up or turn on, the orange light on the f12 button stays orange and will not turn white/blue. the laptop is fully charged and ive tried the battery take out and ac removal thing, and it didnt work.