Php code for download button

Closed
aure1 Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday November 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 16, 2013 - Nov 27, 2013 at 09:58 AM
 Blocked Profile - Nov 27, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Hello Team Members,

First of all wonderful site this is. I need the php script for download button, when users click on download button it redirects to another page or tab (for ex - thanks for downloading message) the link appears after 5 seconds. Also where and how to implement that code ?

Thanks a lot....
Related:

3 responses

aure1 Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday November 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 16, 2013
Nov 27, 2013 at 12:17 PM
I think you haven't got my words, i need a script to redirect users to next page and link appears automatic after 5 seconds, like your site has in download categories. Please sir help me out.
Blocked Profile
Nov 27, 2013 at 12:24 PM
The form is the link. You don't need a script to run a link.

If you are trying to delay the showing of the download button, then it is a client side script, as in:
setTimeout(function(){alert("Hello")},3000);
aure1 Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday November 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 16, 2013
Nov 27, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Sorry, i ask something else please check out here WEBSITE REMOVED FOR SECUITY OF OTHER USERS!

Click the "download now" and see the example
Blocked Profile
Nov 27, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Thanks, but, No thanks, I do not like the idea of driveby downloads injected by google ads! (you are aware that the download now button is nothing more than a google ad, don't you?

Thank you anyway as I am certain I know what you are trying to accomplish.

What you want to do is run a client side script that makes the user wait for a timed period before giving them the opportunity to click on a button. setTimeout() accomplishes that.

<script>setTimeout(function(){alert("Hello")},3000);</script>

Works for me when placed inline with the html page. Now just have the funciton run the creation of the button, instead of displaying HELLO in a msgbox.

If you still need help, I will keep helping you with wireframe, I WILL NOT write code for your solution.
Blocked Profile
Nov 27, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Ok well if you are not familiar with FORMS, this is going to be confusing. Hang in there.

<form action="SOMEFILENAMETORUNWHENCLICKED.HTML" method="get">
<input type="submit" value="Download">
</form>

When the user clicks on this button, the button triggers the form to act on its action. In this case the action calls another page called SOMEFILENAMETORUNWHENCLICKED.HTML. Replace that file with the name of the file you wish to have display "Thank you. Here is your link".

It really doesn't get any simpler than that.