Java Runtime Environment [Closed]

Ask a question jbover 1Posts Tuesday December 3, 2013Registration date December 3, 2013 Last seen - Last answered on Dec 3, 2013 at 05:33 PM by Ambucias
Good Morning All:

I am trying to install Java Runtime Environment as it is a requirement for me to use the Access portion of Open Office. I Have tried numerous time, but all I get is the Java Control.

Please advise.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Good evening,

Have you got JRE from a reliable source like: http://ccm.net/download/download-101-java-runtime-environment.

It's not necessary to launch Java to gain access to open office once it is there. As a matter of fact, Java control launch should be deactivated.

OpenOffice should detect this installation and let you choose it for use in OpenOffice via the Tools-> OpenOffice.org -> Java. If you have a JRE installed that is not detected, you should be able to add it through this same menu.

You can install a JRE or configure OpenOffice to use Java at any time to get missing functionality to work.

From the OpenOffice main menu use: Tools -> OpenOffice.org -> Java, and uncheck "Use a Java runtime environment". However, Open Office recommends that you have a Java Runtime Environment on your system to take full advantage of OpenOffice's features without any issues.

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?