Inspiron 1525 cd/dvd drive won't work

Solved/Closed
ekb7 - Feb 27, 2009 at 08:19 PM
 CR - Feb 9, 2013 at 09:21 PM
Hello,
I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 and the cd/dvd drive won't work in it. This happens when I install Itunes onto my computer. When I go into device manager and under cd/dvd drive I go into properties and it says it won't work because of Code 10. I appreciate the help thanks!
Related:

4 responses

Step 1: If you have installed any CD-burning software, please temporarily remove them from "Control Panel"-> "Programs and Features".

Step 2: Modify the Registry:
===================
1. Click "Start" Pearl, type in "regedit" (without quotation marks) in Search box and press Enter.

2. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Highlight this key, on the right pane, and then check if the "Upperfilters" and "Lowerfilters" values are present. If so, please right click on the values and select "Delete" to remove them.

Step 3: Remove the CDROM driver:
=======================
1. Click "Start" Pearl, type in "devmgmt.msc" in Search box and press "Enter".
2. Expand "DVD/CDROM Drives".
3. Right click your CDROM Drive, and click "Uninstall".

Then, please restart your computer. Does the CDROM work properly now?

Related Information
===========
For more information, please refer to the following article from Microsoft Knowledge Base:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us

Please try the above steps and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If there are any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me.

I look forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

Candice Wang
v-30cwan@mssupport.microsoft.com
Microsoft Windows Vista Support Professional

Satisfied customers are my top priority. Please let either myself or my manager know what you think of the level of service provided. You can send feedback to my manager, Terry at v-teliu@mssupport.microsoft.com.
I had the same "code 10" problem, followed all your instructions & the drive works perfectly now.
Thank you SO MUCH!
it worked great, thank you so much, I was looking around all day and now I found it, thanks again.
Dear Problem solver,

My problem is the worst, because my dvd drive had totalled disappeared from my "installation manager". What should I do ? how can I find the drive and reinstall the driver ?

Please help !

Kitty
Its working fine for me thanks dude ................
gr8, it worked
This just worked for me also. Thanks!
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,830
Feb 27, 2009 at 10:29 PM
i was wondering if ur dvd drive works now?
That worked! Thanks.