Unable to open files on Seagate external HDD

Closed
TattyP Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday December 11, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 12, 2013 - Dec 11, 2013 at 06:54 AM
TattyP Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday December 11, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 12, 2013 - Dec 12, 2013 at 09:16 AM
Hi guys

I've been on this forum all morning reading the threads relevant to my problem and tried all tips but they didn't seem to work. It's literally a cry for help!

I backed up my files on Seagate external expansion drive before I performed system recovery on my laptop (Windows 7) as it was playing up a lot.

After the system reboot, I went to access my files on the external drive and my heart sank as when I double clicked on the drive, it showed an empty folder. The problem is, the driver shows used space, so my files must be there, I just can't access them. When I go to Disk Management, the external drives shows as Healthy (System, Active, Primary Partition) and the files are NTFS.

I tried to search for hidden files, it only came up with .mui and bootmgr files. I've also tried to copy the files from the external drive to my HDD through CMD screen but the access was denied and I couldn't do it.

I'd so appreciate if somebody could help!!

Many thanks in advance.
Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Dec 11, 2013 at 08:05 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

Click on Start --> In search box, type control folders and press Enter.

Now select the option "Show hidden files, folders or drives" and uncheck the

check box "Hide protected operating system files" --> Click on "OK" button.

Now look for the hidden files\folders in your drive.

Later undo the changes you have made by once again going to "Folder Options"

--> Click on "View" tab and click on "Restore Defaults" button --> Click on "OK".

Good Luck