Can't download and watch online videos

Closed
silverspoon123 Posts 2 Registration date Friday December 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 14, 2013 - Dec 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM
nisva Posts 233 Registration date Friday December 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 22, 2014 - Dec 15, 2013 at 06:46 AM
I've been having this problem in the past few days. Suddenly I can't watch and I can't download anything. I've tried it on all different browsers like chrome, opera , mozilla etc. I'm using a windows 7 boot camp installed in a MACBOOK PRO . When I switch to MAC OS everything works fine but for OS WINDOWS 7, I can watch youtube but not the other sites and kept preventing me downloading. I've uninstalled and re install a new adobe player but still nothing happens. I can't figure out what to about this. Anyone can help me out?
Related:

3 responses

nisva Posts 233 Registration date Friday December 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 22, 2014
Dec 14, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Hey update your computer with updates that is available and also below this is a tutorial on how to fix the problem on firefox and other browsers just follow it.

This is a tutorial on how to fix from firefox:

Clear the download history

Clearing the download history can fix some problems with downloading files:

Click on the Firefox button (Tools menu in Windows XP), and then click Downloads. The Downloads window will open.
In the Downloads window, click Clear List.
Close the Downloads window.
Choose a different download folder

Firefox may not be able to download files if there is a problem with the folder in which downloaded files are saved:

At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and then select Options
Select General panel.
In the Downloads section, select Save files to.
To select a download location, click Browse.... Choose a different folder to try saving files.
Click OK to close the Options window
Reset the download folder

If you have tried the above suggestions, you can restore the default Firefox download folder settings:

In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter.
The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear. Click I'll be careful, I promise! to continue to the about:config page.
In the Search field, enter browser.download.
If any of the following settings have a status of user set, reset their values. To reset a value, right-click the setting and select Reset from the context menu:
browser.download.dir
browser.download.downloadDir
browser.download.folderList
browser.download.lastDir
browser.download.useDownloadDir
If desired, you can revert back to your preferred download folder settings by changing your Firefox settings.
Change file type settings

If downloading certain file types does not work, check to make sure Firefox is not set to handle those file types differently from others. See the Change what Firefox does when you click on or download a file for instructions on how to view and change how different file types are handled.

Reset download actions for all file types
To reset how all file types are handled by Firefox back to default:

Open your profile folder:
At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button, go over to the Help menu and select Troubleshooting Information. The Troubleshooting Information tab will open.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/change-firefox-behavior-when-open-file
Under the Application Basics section, click on Show Folder. A window with your profile files will open.
Note: If you are unable to open or use Fire?fox, follow the instructions in Finding your profile without opening Firefox.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-data#w_finding-your-profile-without-opening-firefox
At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and then select Exit
Rename the mimeTypes.rdf file to mimeTypes.rdf.old .
Restart Firefox.
Remove Download Manager plugins

On Windows, third-party download manager plugins can interfere with Firefox downloads. Download Manager plugin files that get added to the Firefox plugins folder include the following, listed by the download manager program and the associated plugin filename:

GetRight: NPGetRt.dll
WinGet: NPWinGet.dll
Download Accelerator Plus: npdap.dll
FreshDownload: npfd.dll
Net Transport: NPNXCatcher.dll, NPNXCatcher(Audio).dll, and NPNXCatcher(Video).dll
See Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems for instructions on how to disable or remove plugins.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-issues-with-plugins-fix-problems

Configure Internet security software

Internet security software, including Configure firewalls so that Firefox can access the Internet, antivirus programs, anti-spyware programs, and others can block certain file downloads. Check the settings in your security software to see if there is an setting that may be blocking downloads.

To diagnose whether Internet security software is causing problems, you can try temporarily disabling it, seeing if downloads work, and then re-enabling the software.

Disable virus scanning in Firefox preferences

Firefox launches your installed antivirus program to scan files when they finish downloading. In some cases this can cause a substantial delay or downloaded files may not be saved after the scan completes.

In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter.
The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear. Click I'll be careful, I promise! to continue to the about:config page.
In the Search field, type browser.download.manager.scanWhenDone.
Double-click on the browser.download.manager.scanWhenDone setting to change its value to false.
Enable downloads blocked by Security Zone Policy

Downloading an executable file (e.g., an .exe or .msi file) may fail, with the Find and manage downloaded files showing Canceled under the file name. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/where-find-and-manage-downloaded-files-firefox?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=find-and-manage-downloaded-files

This happens because Firefox honors your Windows security settings for downloading applications and other potentially unsafe files from the Internet. To resolve this problem, use one of the solutions given below.

Bypass Windows Security Policy check
See the Disable virus scanning in Firefox preferences section above.

Reset system Internet Security settings
You can reset your system Internet security settings in Internet Explorer. See How to reset Internet Explorer settings at Microsoft Support for instructions.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/923737

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, I used everything you gave me.
silverspoon123 Posts 2 Registration date Friday December 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 14, 2013
Dec 14, 2013 at 09:42 PM
I did all the stuff you told me. Still nothing happens. =( I can't still watch something online
nisva Posts 233 Registration date Friday December 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 22, 2014
Dec 15, 2013 at 06:46 AM
Do you have adobe flash player?
If not thats why download and install it.