My laptop dell inspiron 15r not working

Closed
npd.pradeep Posts 1 Registration date Sunday December 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 15, 2013 - Dec 15, 2013 at 11:25 AM
nisva Posts 233 Registration date Friday December 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 22, 2014 - Dec 16, 2013 at 09:27 AM
when i press the power button..one led light glow out of 3 and i heard 7 beeps sound and then it suddenly off!!! how to solve this!!! pls help me... thanks in advance..
Reply.
Related:

1 response

nisva Posts 233 Registration date Friday December 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 22, 2014
Dec 16, 2013 at 09:27 AM
It seems to be a cpu problem try do the following:
Seven beep code in Inspiron mean CPU Cache test failure possibly caused due to processor failure. Try releasing the residual charge from the system, here are the steps:

Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer including the battery and AC Adapter.
Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
Reconnect the battery and AC Adapter. Try to restart the computer and check.
If the issue still persists, you may consider replacing the motherboard.

If the system is within warranty, please share the system's Service Tag and Owner's Name with me via private message (click my username and then click Send a Private Message). I'll review the details and help make arrangements for repairs.

Else, you may refer to the link http://dell.to/1coLzuz to get in touch with the Dell's Expired Warranty Support team if you are in USA. If you are in a different region, go to http://dell.to/15qqGcr select the country/region from the top, scroll down and click on 'Contact Dell Sales' to get the contact information.

Please refer to the Service Manual of this system for instructions on assembling and dis-assembling the hardware components. Follow the 'Safety Guidelines' listed on the manual to help protect your computer from potential damage and to help ensure your own personal safety.