Hard drive D:? re install windows 8.1

Closed
mwhutton Posts 1 Registration date Monday December 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 16, 2013 - Dec 16, 2013 at 02:26 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Dec 16, 2013 at 06:34 AM
Had to try and totally reset and re install windows 8.1 (hate it!!) Anyway, a drive "D" showed up somehow, no doubt me trying to do something stupid, problem is my drive "C" only has 5.8 GB of available space. Drive D has all the rest. Now I don't know how to get windows installed over there, or if I should? When I boot it says "Diskette Drive 0 Seek failure" and my bios will not let me change anything. It's a Dell inspiron, what do you guys think? New target for shooting range, or can I fix it?
Thanks,
A rookie
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Dec 16, 2013 at 06:34 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

Once again check the CMOS settings. Go to CMOS settings disable the floppy

drive (Drive A) by setting it to "None" and set the first boot device as DVD-Drive

or Hard disk --> Save the settings and exist it.

If the settings are getting changed every time you turn ON your laptop then

you need to change CMOS battery --> Go to CMOS --> Load the default settings

--> Disable the Drive A (Floppy Drive) --> Set the first boot device to DVD-Drive or

Hard disk --> Save the settings and exit from it.

Good Luck