File/Printer Sharing Win XP to Win Vista

Closed
amallen Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday February 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2009 - Feb 28, 2009 at 11:54 AM
 Jay Prakash - Apr 8, 2010 at 06:35 AM
Hello,
I have a desktop running Windows XP Pro with my shared files and printers on it and a laptop running Windows Vista over a wifi network that I cannot get to access the desktop files or printers. The windows xp desktop is able to see my laptop running Vista's shared files/folders and printers. How do I get my laptop running vista to see my main printers and files on the desktop running Win XP? I installed the LLP network protocol on my xp desktop and still am not able to see my desktop computer on the network from my vista laptop. Please help, thanks.
Related:

2 responses

dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Jul 19, 2009 at 06:15 AM
Make sure there is no firewall blocking (windows firewall, antivirus firewall, etc) on that XP computer. You can test to ping that XP computer from laptop. You also need to set the same Workgroup name for all computers in the same network. You can get more info on these simple file sharing or share file with user/group permission articles.

After all, open a file explorer on laptop, type \\XP-PC-IP (i.e. \\192.168.1.100) in address bar and hit Enter button to try to access shared folder/printer on XP.
plz give me detail in priter sharing