Unhide a folder in Windows 7 using command prompt [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question Shadz 3Posts Friday January 3, 2014Registration date January 8, 2014 Last seen - Last answered on Oct 10, 2017 at 07:26 PM by Shapoopie
how to UNhide a folder in windows 7 using command prompt IF FORGET THE FOLDER NAME
Helpful
+47
plus moins
Wow.

Let us get a list of all of the hidden files, then attrib the one that you recognize as the one that you want to unhide.....

If you simply want to display a list of hidden files and folders and not change their attributes, run the following command:

dir/ah

If you want to unhide all folders + subfolders and files, run the following command:

attrib *.* -h -s /s /d
dinesh- Apr 27, 2015 at 01:58 AM
thanks ji
mp- Apr 30, 2015 at 01:55 AM
thank u
great guide
KAN- May 14, 2015 at 01:53 AM
Thanks.. Dear...
zeeshan raza- May 23, 2015 at 01:56 PM
awesome
Shapoopie- Oct 10, 2017 at 07:26 PM
Thank you my good friend
Helpful
+3
plus moins
it something come like about ur picture
i got like this dont know what to do next
even could not see that folder
i can show u screenshot but dont know how to upload here
ac3mark 7996Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus October 16, 2017 Last seen - Jan 8, 2014 at 04:05 PM
Shadz, you said that you can rememeber what folder you hid it in, but not the name.....

...So if you recognize the name that is it. POINT BLANK!

I am not certain that you either; performing all that I am helping you with; or, you don't know and are hacking......
Josh!!- Mar 11, 2015 at 07:48 AM
i tried all these steps and in the cmd it said "The syntax of the command is incorrect" can someone help me?
ac3mark 7996Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus October 16, 2017 Last seen - Mar 11, 2015 at 05:00 PM
The syntax is the command. So if it isn't running, you are not typing it in correctly. Type a HELP and the command to see all of the different switches.
Helpful
+2
plus moins
Basically I used cmd to hide the folders but now I can't remember the name of folders that I hide. I can only remember the drive where it is saved.
I tried that tips what you write here but it did not work.
Helpful
+1
plus moins
Ok, so what part failed?

How did it not work, what error did you recieve?

Let us take a look, and hold my hand.....

So if you have a drive named F: and that is where you KNOW that YOU "HID" the files. At a command prompt type in the following:
cd f:<ENTER>
dir/ah<ENTER>

You should see something like:

Notice all of the DIR...if you remember the name, it should be listed in the index.

So, then get the name and change the attributes of the files or folders or both through the atrib command.

Have FUN!

P.S. I deleted your other question, as it was a duplicate of this one.... :)
Hrsh- Nov 14, 2014 at 09:02 PM
thanks ... :)
Helpful
+1
plus moins
I have hidden files on my computer that I want to unhide but it is not alowing me. How can I fix this

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?