How to format kingston flash 4 GB

Solved/Closed
teddy - Mar 1, 2009 at 01:00 PM
 fiL - May 6, 2011 at 05:35 PM
Hello,
i have recently bought kingesten 4 GB flash and it has a utility to partition it and I made to 2G accessable partition and 2GB password protected. then accidently I delete a file which contains the protected partition information. then to day I tried to format it and I can only format the unprotected 2 GB and I can not access the other 2GB and even when I see the property of the flash it is showing the total size of my flash is 2 GB . so can u pleash help me what to do in order to have my full 4Gb free space
thanks
Related:

18 responses

This one worked like a charm http://www.apacer.com/en/support/downloads/Repair_v2.9.1.1.zip
on my 8GB flash Drive
This is a great apps. After restoring 4gb image on my 8gb memory by mistake. then repair my 8gb stick by HP utility, it converted my 8gb to 4gb. But After using this awesome repair_v2.9.1.1 tool it retained my 8gb to its correct size.
Thank you for this awesome tool I used on my 4gb usb which was showing 4mb and now my 4gb is back, thanks
www.aliridwan.blogspot.com
Jun 23, 2010 at 06:55 AM
tanks Very much.. Eart !! This is the great apps. so very good,succes my problem flash drive kingston DataTraveler 2GB, this protected format

http://www.apacer.com/en/support/downloads/Repair_v2.9.1.1.zip
please I have a Kingston traveler 4GB but I can use juste 200 mo the other space cannot be used if I use data more than 200 mo the data will not work what can I do please help me
You can also use HP's Flash Drive Utility. It's really easy.

https://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=197
WOW great it worked perfectly!!!! My 4gb compact flash were stuck at 833mb, now I have the full 4gb back.
you are the man .. thx
Kingston DT101 4G can see 100MB only
can not be fixed with both format utils mentioned above ... :(

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Hello,

i have recently bought kingesten 4 GB flash and it has a utility to partition it and I made to 2G accessable partition and 2GB password protected. then accidently I delete a file which contains the protected partition information. then to day I tried to format it and I can only format the unprotected 2 GB and I can not access the other 2GB and even when I see the property of the flash it is showing the total size of my flash is 2 GB . so can u pleash help me what to do in order to have my full 4Gb free space
thanks

surath
Try this: http://www.4shared.com/file/58451264/938bdf84/Repair_v2911.html
Format your usb in windows 7
Thanks, worked perfectly on my 8GB usb.

I put in the numbers (0B,00,0,1,1,487,254,63,7847873) but then I did 7847873 * 2 = 31391492 and made the last number that because it was an 8gb usb. Then I just unplugged and replugged my usb to get the formatting prompt. and formatted
Just use XP's "disk management" to repartition the drive.
It's that simple.
can you hlep me ? it is still writting an error : unable to write changes,, what can I do with it ?
I am having the same problem. I have a 16GB USB as well. I reformatted it using an online recovery program and it shrunk the size of the USB from 16GB to less then 2GB.

I followed the exact steps enumerated above. After I enter the numbers into the partition table I exit the program, however my USB is still 2GB. Even after I replug it in and reformat it it is still the same size. Does anyone have a suggestion?
My camera uses FAT files, but format only up to to 2 GB and I have a 8GB card so I thought I try om\n my PC, which formatted it FAT32 which is unreadable on the older camera However the PC does format (FAT32 format that is to just under 8 GB)

So how do I format a compact flash for fat format in vista 32 with the only apatarant option is fat32

By the way partition table editor 32(PTEDIT32.EXE) apparently is unavailable on the net
EXCELLENT TOOL. RECOVER MY 8GB FROM 4GB THAT I GOT AFTER I´D FORMATTED WITH ANOTHER HP TOOL, USE THIS LINK, IT DOES REALLY WORK:
http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=197
i had a flash drive 1g capacity , when I plug it into the usb connector and click the drive there is a message that says you drive is not formatted do you want to format it now? when I click yes is begun formatting my flash drive but suddenly there is a dialog box prompted saying unable to complete the format.. sir is there any solution for this problem? thanks!
get it here:
ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/tools/pq/utilities/PTEDIT32.zip

I need some help.. I have a DT101.. I know that I cant use this:
0B,00,0,1,1,487,254,63,7847873

for my 8GB drive. But I did.. and now it doesnt want to format... any word?

Thanks
Byron Coughlin
Nov 23, 2009 at 02:15 AM
This worked for my 16gb flash drive that was showing up as 200mb.

I used these numbers:
0B,00,0,1,1,487,254,63,31391492

I got the last number by multiplying (7847873 * 4)

Thanks!
Great thread, really helped me with a 4GB flash drive (not Kingston) that would only format to 200Mb in Windows. For info, it appears that you must run PTEDIT in Compatibility Mode when using Windows 7 (I have 64-bit), but setting the compatibility option to 'Windows XP SP3' works fine.

MOST IMPORTANT - the string from Hitman above is missing a digit! It should read:

0B,00,0,1,1,487,254,63,0,7847873
and then all other lines to zero.

This really works! I can't believe this is the only thread I've found where this nightmare scenario is discussed!
Thanks guys, I had the same problem with a Kingston Datatraveler 4GB, formatting would show 200mb in windows. PT Edit solved my problem!
Last Samurai > Rob
Nov 22, 2009 at 05:30 AM
What about 2 GB Kingston DataTraveler which is showing 1998 MB now which was showing 0 MB before. I am having trouble in formating it. It fails to format. Any suggestions?
I have this problem with my 8gb kingston fd. I tried downloading that HP but when I installed it and tried to run the program it says "Permission denied. Administrator rights are required to run this program" But I am the admin on my comp. I'm on vista, so does that change anything. What can I use, I''m going crazy....
Nevermind....right click and run as admin haha wow do I feel dumb...Works like a charm
the link to download the software is: ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/tools/pq/uti­lities/PTEDIT32.zip as the user ///M wrote before me.
Make sure to read all the comments and then ask!
http://www.apacer.com/en/support/downloads/Repair_v2.9.1.1.zip
i hav the same problem plase help.
Thanks.
I have the same problem, please help.
Thanks.
If you have the icon to log to privacy zone, open it then there is a option to format and give the capacity of 2 zones again.

if you haven't download the secure traveler softwere again from Internet and install in to your pen drive and follow the above instructions.
Try HP Drive Key Boot Utility
link:- http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&swItem=MTX-UNITY-I23839&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN