My acer aspire E1-431 keyboard is messed up

Solved/Closed
miodragmilic Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday January 14, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 15, 2014 - Jan 14, 2014 at 05:02 PM
 mike - Jan 15, 2014 at 06:27 PM
I have windows 7 on my laptop, and I dont use it a lot, more xp kind of a man. So my kids were playing with it and somehow my keys are all messed up. When I press Fn it pops open my computer window. I camt use shift, alt, ctrl. Any of it. Tryed resetting launch manager, restoring to a date when it was working, pressing Fn+F11 and all the combinations but its not going back to previouse. When I compare on-screen keyboard layout with my keyboard its way off. Please help me, or my wife will kill me :-D
Related:

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Jan 14, 2014 at 09:55 PM
All PC's sold in Canada have both English and French keyboard defs in Windows. I suggest you go the Control Panel and check to see if you haven't selected the French definitions. If you check your manual there may be a PF key combination that swaps the definitions.

Good Luck
Problem solved ! After trying out everything I was drawing a blank and then remembered to take out the battery and hold the power button for 5-10 seconds and now it works.
miodragmilic Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday January 14, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 15, 2014
Jan 15, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Thank you for your feedback, but I think I have tryed all the possibilities. I know I m a bit rusty but this is making me look stupid. The thing that iritates me is that I can not use any of shift, ctrl, alt button short cuts. I cant even type in an email adress. :-(
Thanks again.
If u can remember any other angle please let me know