Dell Inspiron 15 N5010 Beeps on startup continuously and wont sh [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question letsrock35 1Posts Thursday January 23, 2014Registration date January 23, 2014 Last seen - Latest answer on Aug 21, 2016 02:28PM
I have a dell Inspiron 15 N5010 which is about 4 years old. It was working properly, but suddenly it went off and when I restarted it, there was nothing which appeared on screen, but there was a beep sound which went on until I turned my laptop off. Even the startup screen didnt appeared during this. The power button lights up, fan is running, but the screen is not coming up.
I have noticed one thing also, if I put it on for long time, so that it gains enough heat due to constatnt running and then I restart it, the screen will come. and after sometime, the screen distorts and after few seconds, the laptop screen turns black and the beep sound appears which start crying until I turn laptop off.
Thanks in advance for any help that is actually helpful.
See more 
moins plus

If your PC beeps after the OS has been launched, it may be due to the fact that your CPU is overheating and that could be a serious matter.

I suggest consulting a technician
letsrock35- Jan 23, 2014 11:17AM
Am not sure whether windows is getting loaded... because even startup screen is not coming up.
Ambucias 32654Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus October 15, 2016 Last seen - Jan 23, 2014 05:01PM
I suggest consulting a technician
moins plus
Guys! Hello My suggestion is to try replacing laptop display cable... symptom indicates the faulty display cable...
moins plus
Unplug the power cord --> Remove the battery --> Hold the power button for 60

seconds --> Connect the power supply then try to switch ON the laptop and later

put the battery back into the laptop.
anony- Oct 3, 2015 12:51PM
This worked for me
sam anony - Apr 15, 2016 04:49PM
should we put the battery back while the power plug is connected or
should I remove the power plug first?
ac3mark 5999Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus October 14, 2016 Last seen - Apr 15, 2016 04:54PM
Remove the plug, then replace the battery.
Prash- Aug 21, 2016 02:28PM
looks like this worked for me, I will keep an eye on few more startups. thanks.
moins plus
I also encounter same problem and I even took to technician but they suggest me with replacing of motherboard. I also did that but problem persists and I repeated from first and the technician also repeated their procedure from first like change ur motherboard. Now I hav spent over 25k for my 40k lappy. though of no use!!!
moins plus
You must change bios battery to resolve this problem this is all Believe me ;-)
ac3mark 5999Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus October 14, 2016 Last seen - May 6, 2016 04:57PM
In all of my years, I have never changed a cmos battery on a laptop! This is a laptop we are talking about, not a desktop. It is a CMOS battery that powers the BIOS, btw.

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!