Dell Inspiron 15 N5010 Beeps on startup continuously and wont sh [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question letsrock35 1Posts Thursday January 23, 2014Registration date January 23, 2014 Last seen - Latest answer on Aug 21, 2016 02:28PM
Hello,
I have a dell Inspiron 15 N5010 which is about 4 years old. It was working properly, but suddenly it went off and when I restarted it, there was nothing which appeared on screen, but there was a beep sound which went on until I turned my laptop off. Even the startup screen didnt appeared during this. The power button lights up, fan is running, but the screen is not coming up.
I have noticed one thing also, if I put it on for long time, so that it gains enough heat due to constatnt running and then I restart it, the screen will come. and after sometime, the screen distorts and after few seconds, the laptop screen turns black and the beep sound appears which start crying until I turn laptop off.
Thanks in advance for any help that is actually helpful.
See more 
Helpful
+5
moins plus
Hi

If your PC beeps after the OS has been launched, it may be due to the fact that your CPU is overheating and that could be a serious matter.

I suggest consulting a technician
letsrock35- Jan 23, 2014 11:17AM
Am not sure whether windows is getting loaded... because even startup screen is not coming up.
Ambucias 32003Posts mardi 2 février 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus September 28, 2016 Last seen - Jan 23, 2014 05:01PM
I suggest consulting a technician
Helpful
+3
moins plus
Guys! Hello My suggestion is to try replacing laptop display cable... symptom indicates the faulty display cable...
Helpful
+1
moins plus
I also encounter same problem and I even took to technician but they suggest me with replacing of motherboard. I also did that but problem persists and I repeated from first and the technician also repeated their procedure from first like change ur motherboard. Now I hav spent over 25k for my 40k lappy. though of no use!!!
Helpful
+1
moins plus
Unplug the power cord --> Remove the battery --> Hold the power button for 60

seconds --> Connect the power supply then try to switch ON the laptop and later

put the battery back into the laptop.
anony- Oct 3, 2015 12:51PM
This worked for me
sam anony - Apr 15, 2016 04:49PM
should we put the battery back while the power plug is connected or
should I remove the power plug first?
ac3mark 5886Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus September 28, 2016 Last seen - Apr 15, 2016 04:54PM
Remove the plug, then replace the battery.
Prash- Aug 21, 2016 02:28PM
looks like this worked for me, I will keep an eye on few more startups. thanks.
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Hey
You must change bios battery to resolve this problem this is all Believe me ;-)
ac3mark 5886Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus September 28, 2016 Last seen - May 6, 2016 04:57PM
In all of my years, I have never changed a cmos battery on a laptop! This is a laptop we are talking about, not a desktop. It is a CMOS battery that powers the BIOS, btw.

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!