Ps3 will not load.

Solved/Closed
Madat PS3 - Mar 2, 2009 at 09:30 AM
 Wave - May 30, 2017 at 01:52 AM
Hello, I have a PS3 that will not load after pushing start button. It seems to freeze while loading settings. Help please! what can I do to correct?
Related:

7 responses

I finally found the solution as I had the same issue. Try the following:
  • Step 1 - Turn off the playstation 3 by holding the power button on the front of the unit till the power light is red.
  • Step 2 - Touch and hold the power button, you will hear the first beep, meaning the playstation 3 is powering on.
    • Continue to hold the power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep, indicating the video reset.
    • Continue to hold the power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a third beep and the system will power off (power light is red).
  • Step 3 - Touch and hold the power button, you will hear the first beep, again for the playstation 3 to power on.
    • Continue to hold the power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep for video reset.
    • Continue to hold the power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a quick double beep. At this point release the power button. if you succeeded in activating the safe mode, you will see a message on the screen saying 'connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button.'
  • Step 4 - Perform the safe mode options in the following order until one of the options works for you. If one option works, do not continue onto the other options.
    • Restore Default Settings
    • Restore File System
    • Rebuild Data Base
    • Restore PS3 System etc...

Goodluck!
hi, I done everything you said and it seemed to work, it said "your system was not turned off properly, shut down by selecting blah blah blah" I clicked ok which took me to my menu where it popped up saying "system needs to be updated". I thought ok ill do that later and turned it off properly. when I went back and turned it on it has came up with the wavy lines again so I tried holding in the power button for the 2 beeps but it beeped 3 times and wont let me do anything, any suggestions?

michelle
habz2012 > rinoajaguar
Mar 25, 2010 at 01:51 PM
my screen wont come up I put the tv on and my ps3 and nothing comes up just a blank screen pleaze can some one help its really anoying HELP!!!!!!