Suddenly, no sound on my Laptop (Sony Vaio) [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question SalmaSiblini 13Posts Thursday February 6, 2014Registration date February 9, 2014 Last seen - Last answered on Mar 14, 2017 at 12:51 PM by M'l
Hi . I have a Sony Vaio laptop, It was working just fine but when I turn on the computer again it was already on mute. so I tried to un-mute it and it didn't un-mute . And When I turn the volume up it only goes up by one and wouldn't go up farther but still, it's mute
so I went on sound mixer and it said "no audio device is installed"
can you please help me ??
See more 
Helpful
+6
plus moins
Hello,

it sounds like you have lost your audio driver.

Can you confirm this by right-clicking computer and selecting manage

then go to device manager and you should find your audio driver with a yellow triangle next to it.

you could try right clicking it and selecting update driver.

or

go to Sony support website and select your computer model number and download the audio drivers.

SalmaSiblini 13Posts Thursday February 6, 2014Registration date February 9, 2014 Last seen - Feb 9, 2014 at 10:30 AM
when I plug my headphones, still no sound.
okay tried it , its says : "The Selected audio device may not be plugged in securely. Unplug and then plug in the audio cable. Make sure that the cable is plugged into the main speaker port (typically green or light green). if the speakers need batteries or a power supply, verify that these components are correctly installed and that the ON indicator is lit."
kieferschild 2295Posts Sunday October 5, 2008Registration date ModeratorStatus March 16, 2017 Last seen - Feb 9, 2014 at 10:38 AM
can you turn off your laptop.

find the F8 key on the keyboard.

turn on the laptop and repeatedly press F8 until you get an advanced boot menu.

select safe mode and log in to windows.

See if you have sound then or if you can turn it on/unmute.
SalmaSiblini 13Posts Thursday February 6, 2014Registration date February 9, 2014 Last seen - Feb 9, 2014 at 10:43 AM
okay will try!
SalmaSiblini 13Posts Thursday February 6, 2014Registration date February 9, 2014 Last seen - Feb 9, 2014 at 10:59 AM
Not working :( there's always a red circle (with an "x" in it) on the speakers icon in the bottom right of the screen and I couldn't turn it on/unmute :/
M'l- Mar 14, 2017 at 12:51 PM
Thanks a lot, blessings
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Are you still using Windows XP?

If so you will find the Original Drivers Package here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-SZ3XWP_C

Try reinstalling the Audio Drivers. You will have to reinstall the UAA High Definition Audio Class Driver first as XP does not support HD Audio. If you cannot find this in the Drivers Package, then download it from here: -
SalmaSiblini 13Posts Thursday February 6, 2014Registration date February 9, 2014 Last seen - Feb 7, 2014 at 07:56 AM
I am using Windows 7
Helpful
+0
plus moins
+ in "Voice Control Options" there's only HDMI
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Another possible solution is to go to your device manager, select the audio card with the red X and delete it. Restart you machine and Windows should detect new hardware. You can now, if necessary the new driver according to the make and model

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?