My Up and Down Arrow Keys are Locking [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question Nightling 1Posts Sunday February 23, 2014Registration date March 5, 2014 Last seen - Last answered on Jul 4, 2017 at 08:06 AM by Roxy
I'm on a very new HP PC. Every few hours (yes, hours) the up and down arrow keys stop working. I'll switch to a different keyboard and they will have the same issue. Rebooting seems to be the only thing that helps. I am very frustrated.

It's not that they scroll fast. It's not that I need to hit F7. That's not the issue. The up and down simply STOP working all together. And nothing corrects it. Please help. I want a permenant solution.
Helpful
+28
plus moins
If your keyboard does not have a Scroll Lock key, on your computer, got to Start, All Programs, Accessories, Ease of Access, and then click On-Screen Keyboard. When the on-screen keyboard appears on your screen, click the slk button.
Was this answer helpful?  
Barbara- Jan 8, 2016 at 05:19 PM
THANK YOU!!!!!! Worked for me!
Kim- Jan 22, 2016 at 06:28 PM
Thank you!! I seem to be hitting the Fn and Ctrl key or Fn and Shift ...some combination of keys that locks the scroll. I was able to unlock using your tip....but was wondering what combination of keys I am accidentally hitting that is locking the arrow keys?
Capry- May 1, 2017 at 02:49 AM
Thanks it worked for me!
Roxy- Jul 4, 2017 at 08:06 AM
Awesome it still works thank you
Helpful
+24
plus moins
Hello,

Have you tried using Scroll Lock?

It's a key which is near your left,right,up,down keys.

cher- Oct 13, 2015 at 08:32 AM
this worked
Helpful
+5
plus moins
Nightling, You'd be surprised at how often problems are resolved by the simplest of things.

Have you been on to the HP website and checked to see you have the latest drivers?
Helpful
+2
plus moins
I have the same issue and it is NOT fixed with scroll lock. the arrow keys simply stopped working in Excel. They work in other programs.
kieferschild 2351Posts Sunday October 5, 2008Registration date ModeratorStatus September 21, 2017 Last seen - Aug 3, 2015 at 09:17 AM
Hello,

did you read this?

http://ccm.net/forum/affich-115498-arrow-keys-not-working-in-excel
Helpful
+0
plus moins
This fix works for me with Samsung Ultrabook. If I mistakenly hit the [Fn Lock] key it changes the function of the arrow keys. Simply click on it again to reset. It's located on my keyboard between the [F12] and [Insert] keys. Fn Lock setting should be set to Off

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?