External Hard Drive Damage.

Closed
Jynxus Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday December 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 18, 2014 - Mar 9, 2014 at 04:35 PM
masud.poyo Posts 3 Registration date Thursday December 26, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 1, 2020 - Mar 9, 2014 at 05:59 PM
Hello, I have a 1Tb Seagate hard drive almost completely filled with movies. Several movies that I have watched on television using my sony BLU Ray player, now have the message that the file is corrupt or unsupported. I did retrieve quite a few files by using chkdsk, but I seem to have lost different ones. Is this possibly happening because I move the hard drive from Windows 8, to my acer tablet and then to the Sony player?
I have a second hard drive that I couldn't recover any files from. It was being switched between W98, vista and W8. USB sticks have to be exited properly, is there some protocol for the hard drive that I am neglecting? My son also suggested that I move everything from the external drive (ten hours) to my computer, format the drive and then move files back. Is this something I should consider?

<confiblu rY g>Windows 8 / Internet Explorer 10.0</config>
Related:

1 response

masud.poyo Posts 3 Registration date Thursday December 26, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 1, 2020
Mar 9, 2014 at 05:59 PM
Hi Man ! buy a new 1.seagate harddisc ? its history is same every where of the world....very bad kuality..its hard to restore your file...... buy a new 1 just brand product....... samsung/toshiba/or adata ... i hope it will help u ..