Increase WiFi Range

Solved/Closed
Mcmilan Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday March 5, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2014 - Mar 11, 2014 at 05:31 AM
Mcmilan Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday March 5, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2014 - Mar 12, 2014 at 02:02 AM
Hello,

I have bsnl broadband internet connection and VMC wifi modem type 2. my wifi range is not much. while i am leave my computer lab, it's leave connection of wifi. so i want to boost (Increase) my modem wifi range. is there any suggestion for it ? please help me for the same. we are in educational institute and wifi is necessory for students. But it has not much range. Is there any idea to do any thing ?

1 response

Blocked Profile
Mar 11, 2014 at 08:52 AM
OK, you will need to build a wiring infrastructure and install Access Points! No other way around it. Hardware and capital is needed for this project, as it is physical and no amount of software or tweeking is going to increase the physical connection length of your wifi signal.

If it is requried to be used by students, then have a profesional services team come in and do a site survey for placement. Your students will be so happy!

By the way, this is a repost from your other post, asking the same question.
https://ccm.net/forum/affich-742815-increase-wifi-range

It may not be the answer you are looking for. But there is no free way around it.

I would love to be able to fnd a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but the rainbow doesn't really exist, does it?

Maybe if you make your students parents aware of the growth and your need to grow the network, they may be wiling to cover a majority of the copital cost. Throw a fund raiser.

Have FUN!

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" - Oliver Sykes; Bring Me The Horizon
Mcmilan Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday March 5, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2014
Mar 12, 2014 at 02:02 AM
Thank you very mych sir