Scheduled task

Solved/Closed
kelnasawa Posts 20 Registration date Thursday January 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 10, 2014 - Mar 12, 2014 at 09:11 AM
 kelnasawa - Mar 13, 2014 at 07:05 AM
hello guys ... can anyone help me ... im using windows server 2003 ... and i have client pc windows 7 ... i need to create a scheduled task to run at startup or at logon via gpo ... how do i do that ...
thank you
Related:

4 responses

Blocked Profile
Mar 12, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Hello,

is the PC on a domain?

Are you wanting to run a scheduled task on the PC or Server?
kelnasawa Posts 20 Registration date Thursday January 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 10, 2014
Mar 13, 2014 at 03:23 AM
heyy ... all pcs are on the domain ...
i want to run the schedulet task on the pc .. i know how to do it from the pc ...
but what i want to know ... is how to create a scheduled task via gpo and make it run on startup
Blocked Profile
Mar 13, 2014 at 06:46 AM
Can you tell me what you're trying to achieve?

Open up Group Policy Management and create a new GPO under your domain and link it. Specific the users it applies for and right click > edit it.

then go to Group Policy object/User Configuration/Windows Settings/Scripts (Logon/Logoff)
ok well ... i installed wampserver on all machines ... normal users , use these machines .. wampserver needs admin rights to run and i dont want to give them admin rights ... so i went to a machine then to task scheduler and created a task for it and made run on startup and it worked ... so now what i want to do is create a gpo on the server and deploy it to all machines so i wont go to every machine and make it ... anyways i found it ... thank you for your help .

i went to gpo ... Computer Configuration ... Preferences ... Control Panel Settings ... Scheduled Tasks and created it ....