Ask a question Report

Headphone Jack Doesn't Work [Solved/Closed]

ike7478 1Posts Tuesday March 3, 2009Registration date March 3, 2009 Last seen - Latest answer on Jul 9, 2015 08:44PM
Hello,
I have an HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop with Windows Vista. Just recently, I've had a problem with my headphone jacks. When I plug in my speakers, the sound still comes out of the laptop speakers, but no sound comes out of the headphones. Usually, when I plug in my headphones the Realtek HD Audio Manager pops up and says that an audio device has been plugged in, but that doesn't happen anymore. I originally thought there was a problem with my headphones because my laptop is 6 months new, and my headphones are cheesy 99 cent old ones. So, I tried my roommates' and his didn't work either.
Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Thank you,
ike7478
Read more 
Answer
+29
moins plus
Try following the steps in this article and see if it helps. I didn't understand it either, but Google works wonders:

http://www.microsoft.com/...

After following the steps there, I discovered that I didn't have the option to roll back the driver for my Realtek Audio device. If you find that you're stuck there as well, try this:

On the 'Driver' tab in the same Properties window as the 'Roll Back Driver' option, click on 'Update Driver' and see if there's an update that can be applied to the device. I've got mine installing right now...so hopefully that puts an end to things.

Hope this helps! These little things are so frustrating sometimes.

anon- Apr 6, 2010 01:12AM
This worked for me. i've been frustrated by this for awhile, but it took maybe 10 minutes following these instructions for it to be fixed. Cheers
fluttershygirl- Jul 9, 2015 08:43PM
I have a kurio tablet and my headphone jach doesn't work I have to put alot of pressure on it and still I doesn't work on the top screen it show that its plugged in for a sec then it goes on and off I had this problem for a year and I have not fixed it and when I plug it in I have to bend the headphones please help me I can't go on my wing account
fluttershygirl- Jul 9, 2015 08:44PM
I think its busted
Answer
+5
moins plus
I have the HP Pavillion dv6000 with Vista that had the same headphone jacks and speakers problem. I managed to resolve the issue by running the HP Health Check which brought up the update for Realtek Audio. Run the update and reboot the machine and hopefully your problem will go away too.
Good Luck!

JP- May 11, 2009 11:33PM
Thanks DeeKel, I was looking for some help but the last resort was to open my laptop and carefully take a look at the connections between the sound jacks and the motherboard. I found that the data bus was disconnected, then I did a bit of pressure on it and voila! Welcome back sound!
Hibatchi07- Jul 1, 2009 08:42PM
How did you open your computer and resolve the problem with the sound jack? My laptop is having the same issue.
indypat- Jun 5, 2011 10:17AM
I had the problem with Toshiba. I had to go to their website and download the realtek audio driver. Somehow my driver had been replace with a microsoft one. Once I unistalled the microsoft driver and installed the realtek driver, everything worked perfectly.
Potterhead- Nov 28, 2012 05:20PM
I have the HP Pavilion Entertainment PC and the Troubleshoot solved it like magic THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Chicken nugget- Jul 8, 2015 06:28PM
What is the link to the health check
This document entitled « Headphone Jack Doesn't Work » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.