Headphone Jack Doesn't Work

Solved/Closed
ike7478 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday March 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 3, 2009 - Mar 3, 2009 at 10:51 PM
 fluttershygirl - Jul 9, 2015 at 08:44 PM
Hello,

I have an HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop with Windows Vista. Just recently, I've had a problem with my headphone jacks. When I plug in my speakers, the sound still comes out of the laptop speakers, but no sound comes out of the headphones. Usually, when I plug in my headphones the Realtek HD Audio Manager pops up and says that an audio device has been plugged in, but that doesn't happen anymore. I originally thought there was a problem with my headphones because my laptop is 6 months new, and my headphones are cheesy 99 cent old ones. So, I tried my roommates' and his didn't work either.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thank you,

ike7478
Related:

2 responses

I have the HP Pavillion dv6000 with Vista that had the same headphone jacks and speakers problem. I managed to resolve the issue by running the HP Health Check which brought up the update for Realtek Audio. Run the update and reboot the machine and hopefully your problem will go away too.
Good Luck!
Thanks DeeKel, I was looking for some help but the last resort was to open my laptop and carefully take a look at the connections between the sound jacks and the motherboard. I found that the data bus was disconnected, then I did a bit of pressure on it and voila! Welcome back sound!
Hibatchi07 > JP
Jul 1, 2009 at 08:42 PM
How did you open your computer and resolve the problem with the sound jack? My laptop is having the same issue.
I had the problem with Toshiba. I had to go to their website and download the realtek audio driver. Somehow my driver had been replace with a microsoft one. Once I unistalled the microsoft driver and installed the realtek driver, everything worked perfectly.
I have the HP Pavilion Entertainment PC and the Troubleshoot solved it like magic THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Chicken nugget
Jul 8, 2015 at 06:28 PM
What is the link to the health check