The transfer large files

Closed
mnnuseeb Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday April 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2014 - Apr 4, 2014 at 02:49 PM
 mnnusb - Apr 7, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Sir
I have downloaded a large movie of size 8.0 GB and wanted to transfer the same to my external hard drive but while doing so I was prompted "the file is too large for the estnation file system".

It is to be noted that both USB ports on my laptop are 2.0 while that of my external drive is 3.0.

Please advise me

Thanks beforehand.
regards
Related:

7 responses

Blocked Profile
Apr 4, 2014 at 02:53 PM
Dearest member,

The transfer rate(USB2.0 or 3.0) has nothing to do with the remaining "storage" space. How much space is left on your pc. Please remember that you should never have less than 20% remaining. Ideally your would want to only use 66%.

Let us know!
mnnuseeb Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday April 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2014
Apr 5, 2014 at 01:11 AM
Hello

I have checked the storage space available and it is 72GB of a 280GB hard drive.

I tried to get even a 4.56 GB movie file transferred, I had the same answer "the file is too large for the destination file system"

I even tried in safe mode also, but this does not work either.

Please advise

Thank you
Blocked Profile
Apr 5, 2014 at 08:20 PM
Ok, does any file transfer?

Let us know.
mnnuseeb Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday April 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2014
Apr 6, 2014 at 08:53 AM
Hello Sir

No

The system was not able to transfer the file, even a 4.5GB file size

I have obtain the same message again

"the file is too large for the estnation file system"

Please advise

Thanks

Regards

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Blocked Profile
Apr 6, 2014 at 03:20 PM
OK, create a small text file, like, open up notepad, and type in:

"Hello world"

Save it to you desktop. Then transfer it. Let meknow if you can transfer hello world in a text file please sir.

Thank you in advance for your patience with me!

Apr 6, 2014 at 09:33 PM
Hello

I did as instructed and directed. The file got transfered.

I am able to transfer file size below 4GB but not larger ones as I said earlier.

Do you thing that the file size matters, since it is a single "one piece" data?

Thanks
Regards
Hello Sir

Did you find any solution to the stated problem?

I follow your instructions but could not solve the large file transfer problems

Please advise me

Regards