Flickering Screen on my Lenovo Laptop

Closed
jadetorchwood Posts 1 Registration date Saturday April 5, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 5, 2014 - Apr 5, 2014 at 03:35 PM
peterhappy1005 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday April 5, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 5, 2014 - Apr 5, 2014 at 11:33 PM
Hello,
The screen on my Lenovo laptop has been flickering on and off since yesterday. It's mainly the start menu and the background image of my desktop that's doing the flickering. So my ability of using the internet is fine. I did use the start button to forcefully turn off my computer yesterday before going out to see a movie. I had forcefully turned off my laptop before and this never happened when that happened. It makes it hard for me to pull up the side menu to turn off my computer. What is the problem?

Related:

1 response

peterhappy1005 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday April 5, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 5, 2014
Apr 5, 2014 at 11:33 PM
I'm not an expert on laptops, having said that I've had a 45 year career in mainframe & minis. I think your problem could be caused if you used excessive force when pressing power on/off button which could have caused some damage to the motherboard or it could be the LCD screen is faulty, it's difficult to accurately diagnose without seeing the problem. Unfortunately Laptops don't have a video out socket unlike some micro processor controlled devices such as optical fusion splicers, so an external monitor screen can be plugged into Vi deo out socket and if this works then technician knows that original screen is faulty & if external screen does not work, then the problem is with video card, I hope that helps, have an enjoyable day.