Create a web page using visual basic 6.0

Closed
RURANGIRWA Ben Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday March 12, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2014 - Apr 26, 2014 at 01:10 PM
 Blocked Profile - Nov 30, 2015 at 05:51 PM
how can I create a web page using visual basic 6.0 programming language?
Related:

2 responses

jakeflamingau Posts 1 Registration date Saturday May 17, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 17, 2014 2
May 17, 2014 at 08:36 AM
Learn visual basic language and HTML language before developing the web page, as there are many books that let you drive how to make web page in Visual Basic.

By the way install Visual Studio

After installation...
Open Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
File menu, click New Web Site

Under Installed Templates,
click Visual Basic
select ASP.NET Web Site.

In the Web Location box, select File System, location where you wish to store your website

Click OK.

Continue to select the box according to your requirement.
Blocked Profile
Apr 26, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Dearest member,

VB (visual Basic) is the platform for creation of a standalone executable program. In other words, to create a web page, you need to understand the protocol of web browsers. A web browser is an example of an executable program.

XML is a standard protocol "spoken" by browsers(the executable program that is used to "read web pages"). HTML specifically is a subset of XML that will point you closer to the right direction.

Blocked Profile
Apr 26, 2014 at 10:29 PM
**EDIT**

You could use VB to access a DB and create an HTML file, deposited into a published/shared folder. Index the folder and publish the folder. You could use it that way to create a web page!

Please accept my deepest sorrows for the hast of my first response.
kitty95 > Blocked Profile
Nov 29, 2015 at 10:13 PM
sounds like a eally cool idea but just how can I put that together?i could use some hints
Blocked Profile
Nov 30, 2015 at 05:51 PM
Well, if you have windows, look into IIS, and install it from the packages. IIS is what you build your site on!