Core Player

Closed
MJEarl Posts 6 Registration date Sunday January 26, 2014 Status Member Last seen August 4, 2014 - May 1, 2014 at 04:28 AM
 MJEarl - May 13, 2014 at 03:26 AM
Hello, does anyone know if the Core Player can build multiple playlists (saved in M3U format) at the same time. i.e. I have thousands of songs and want to build a dozen or so playlists for my multimedia player without duplicating songs over different playlists, nor move the physical songs into different files to create the playlists from.
If not, do you know of any that do?
Thanks
Mike
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
May 1, 2014 at 09:43 AM
Mike,

So you wish to have a computer program, go and build a different playlist, then eliminate the song from a core listing, as not to duplicate it into multiple playlists?

What is the qualifier for the songs to be put into the particular playlist that you wish? Do you want it to look at classifications of genres, or ratings in stars? How about songs over 3 minutes long go in one list, songs less then 3 minutes go into another, and every song over 5 minutes goes into another. That sounds like a good one!

So I hope that you are understanding what I am saying, as the "LISTMAKER" software will only do what it is told.

Let us know!
Hello ACMark,
thanks for the reply.
My requirement is not as complicated as you describe. I'd like to build about 20 playlists at the same time, drag-and-drop songs from Explorer off Albums sequentially one at a time. I will simply work my way down the album list from A to Z, picking songs I like, knowing I won't pick the same song twice.
It's the 20 playlists at one time I have a problem finding. I tried M3Udropper which allowed me 7 lists on my screen, but after getting to 'C' I stopped and saved them all only to find I could not open the same 7 lists with their original content. M3Udropper does not import M3U or WPL playlists - it has its own format.
The playlists are for my HP multimedia player - hence the M3U format.
Ps. I do have a playlist of only long songs - it's good to hear them like that as they're not played very often in the car (no mp3 function).
Regards
Mike